Reload this Page >

London hotel opinions wanted

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Maren

We want to be in the Knightsbridge or Mayfair area and I would pay $225+ if I got good value for the money. Otherwise, I would prefer to pay less: $150-175.<BR>So far I have found these hotels for April, 2002:<BR><BR> Intercontinental (1 Hamilton Place) $229<BR> Flemings $228<BR> Park Lane Sheraton $252<BR>Rates include tax.<BR><BR>Thanks for the help,I haven't been to London since the 70's....<BR>Maren<BR><BR>

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Sue

We really liked the Rembrandt, right across the street from the V and A; kind of on edge of Knightsbridge/So. Ken. Less than 10 min. walk to Harrods, etc. Couple minutes to tube. Paid 135 pounds-- ~$180(?), Nov. '00. Large room, lovely marble bath, terry robes.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 03:00 PM
bonnie

Maren: Try the website for londontown.com, lots of people on this<BR>board have gotten good deals with it.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 03:14 PM
Shain

Hi,<BR>I agree with you and the Sheraton. <BR>The Park Lane has been always kept it's very own british charm. <BR>BUT MAY I suggest to have a look at the<BR>"Brown's" townhouse. Only 116 Rooms,<BR>very charming, under management of the<BR>Raffles Hotel Group, with fireplace, and a lot of british wooden decoration.<BR>About Euro 320 incl.Tax/SVC/breakfast<BR>In the middle of Mayfair - next subway station Piccadily/Bondstreet.<BR>More infos ?<BR>Shain/Germany/D&uuml;sseldorf<BR><BR>

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Jamila

I stayed at the Rembrandt in Knightsbridge. Excellent location and great accomodations. I went with my sisters in Dec. 2000. We had a triple for 99 pounds ($150)/night including continental breakfast. Check out www.hotel-assist.com for Rembrandt specials. It's the lowest I have found. If your trip is coming up within the next couple weeks, check out www.lastminute.com. There are great deals there for the Rembrandt and other hotels as well. I have heard great things of the Millenium Knightsbridge as well too.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 05:49 PM
JOdy

My very favorite area..and Rembrandt location is GREAT!!!!! We stay at a place we adore , somewhat more expensive...but often go to Rembrandt for antique shows..and if market keeps falling we will probably stay there next trip.. Lovely commons area, and I have heard great rooms. and if you get a good price GRAB IT. ANd you can get it for a lot less than $225.00

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 02:28 PM
carolyn

We stayed at the Adelphi on Cromwell Road in September; 129GBP for a triple and 85 for a single that included VAT and full breakfast. Small and charming hotel.