Reload this Page >

London heathrow to Gatwick in 3 hrs ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 10:05 AM
chuck

On my way back from europe i fly into heathrow at 9a.m. and leave from gatwick at 12p.m. what is the easiest way to do this?

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 10:20 AM
KT

There's a direct Speedlink bus service between the two airports: see http://www.airlinks.co.uk/. It takes about an hour and runs every 15 minutes at that time of day. But if you factor in possible traffic delays, time to retrieve checked luggage and clear customs and immigration at Heathrow, and check-in time at Gatwick, and time to get between the bus stops and the gates, I think you could be cutting it pretty close.

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 01:59 PM
Julian

Bearing in mind the 2 hour check in for international flights, I don't see how this is possible unless you have no delays at Heathrow and can get a cab or bus straight to Gatwick without traffic or other problems. Sounds to me like a lot of stress and more than a fair amount of risk.

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 04:02 PM
amik

I also think this is quite tight... but doable AS LONG AS you're not late on the Heathrow arrival... Don't forget, a 9 a.m. landing means another 20-30 minutes of terminal walking and baggage collection... <BR>Check about "Airport Transfers" or "Chauffeur (sp?) Services" elsewhere on this forum, these are private "taxis" that will wait for you and take you to wherever you need. <BR>Amik.

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 04:48 AM
topper