Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   london half price tic online? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/london-half-price-tic-online-284734/)

sheepdog Feb 4th, 2003 11:13 AM

london half price tic online?

Is there any where on the Web that list what has recently been available from the official London Half Price Ticket Booth?<BR>Thanks --

Patrick Feb 4th, 2003 11:16 AM

You can get the actual listings daily of what is on sale and the prices. Go to www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk<BR>As I recall on the home page is a place sort of the upper right hand corner that you can click for the &quot;tcts booth&quot;.

janis Feb 4th, 2003 04:51 PM

Patrick gave you the URL - but for an example, here is what was available last Tuesday:<BR><BR>MATINEE<BR>Malcontent<BR>Phantom of the Opera<BR>Triple Espresso<BR>Woman in Black<BR><BR><BR>EVENING<BR>Auntie &amp; Me<BR>Blood Brothers<BR>Chicago<BR>Chitty Chitty Bang Bang<BR>Contact<BR>Complete History of America <BR>Fame<BR>HMS Pinafore<BR>Les Miserables<BR>Macbeth<BR>Malcontent<BR>My Fair Lady<BR>Nutcracker<BR>Our House<BR>Phantom of the Opera<BR>Rent<BR>Romeo &amp; Juliet - The Musical<BR>Sleuth<BR>Stomp<BR>Stones In His Pockets<BR>Taboo<BR>Tempest<BR>This is Our Youth<BR>Triple Espresso<BR>Umoja<BR>What the Night is For<BR>Woman in Black

Patrick Feb 4th, 2003 06:51 PM

Thanks for going to that effort, janis. By the way, in looking at janis's list if the matinees look skimpy realize that those are just about the only matinees playing on Tuesday. Unlike New York where most matinees are on Wednesday and Saturday only, in London there are tons of them on Wednesday through Saturday. The list would be much bigger the rest of the week.

sheepdog Feb 5th, 2003 03:38 AM

Thanks Patrick and Janis,<BR>I was getting ready to order Chicago tickets for later in Feb. I think I'll wait and take a chance on picking them up at the half-price booth. Instead I'll see if I can get a couple of Breath of Life seats. It looks like they're tough to get even at full price.

janis Feb 5th, 2003 11:23 AM

sheepdog: Breath of Life is sold out for the run - but you do not need to pay an agency for scalpers tickets. (The extended run ends March 1st)<BR><BR>I saw it in Dec. Each morning at 10AM the box office releases the front row and a few returns. If you are at the Haymarket by 9:15/9:30 you should easily be able to get tickets. They are face value w/ no added fees.

janis Feb 5th, 2003 11:31 AM

Meant to add . . . <BR><BR>Most agencies are charging about &pound;60+ for stalls. When you buy from the theatre these seats are &pound;36

sheepdog Feb 6th, 2003 07:27 AM

Thanks Janis,<BR>I called the Haymarket box office yesterday and they confirmed that the only tickets left are in the &quot;gallery&quot;, a space that is apparently somewhere in the far reachs above the second balcony!<BR>We'll be there in two weeks, so after a big english breakfast, we'll take a brisk walk to the theater and try our luck on the returns.<BR>Thanks --