Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

London for the first time....Park Lane Sheraton??

Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:59 AM

Hello everyone:
Can anyone tell me about this hotel? I did a search here and was not able to locate much information.
Location, ok? Close to tube?
Thank you in advance!

Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:54 AM
Ben Haines

I am afraid I have never entered this hotel, as I have a house here. The hotel is on Piccadilly, not Park Lane, and faces Green Park, with the result that it is at the edge of shops, offices, and so on. It is good for restaurants, a couple of hundred yards from the dozen restaurants that are gathered at Shepherds Market. Green Park tube station is five minutes walk along Piccadilly. At that sort of price you might prefer the Charing Cross Thistle Hotel, which is very central indeed, and on the District Line for trips to museums, the Tower, and other attractions, see http://london.hotelguide.net/data/h100316.htm

Please write if I can help further. Welcome to London

Apr 3rd, 2002, 09:14 AM

Thanks Ben:
I have an amazing amount of Star points to redeem which is the reason i have use a Sheraton. This hotel caught my eye. I was concerned that I had made a bad choice. Thanks for your help. As my trip gets closer I'll e mail you.

Apr 3rd, 2002, 09:37 AM
Ben Haines

You will be welcome. I have checked through the Sheratons in London, and the Park Lane is the best placed of the lot for the West End and for sightseeing. I encourage to get to know the busses, and hop onto those for many places, rather than take the Piccadilly Line. Your London travel card serves for busses, tubes, and local trains. Your hotel concierge can tell you where to buy one each morning -- perhaps in the hotel.

Ben Haines

Apr 3rd, 2002, 01:11 PM
Barb

Dear Newbie--My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Park Lane last April. We walked the 2 blocks or so to the Green Park tube station, and from there were able to move around London with great ease. The staff was very pleasant and our room was spacious and well-appointed, with a huge bathroom with separate tub and shower. The tub was huge, and I really took advantage of it for leisurely soaks in the late afternoon or evening. We did not eat at the hotel, but it does have nice restaurants. Enjoy your stay.

Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:52 PM

Thanks for the replies! I'll be checking in with more questions !