London-Edinburgh Sept 2003

Aug 1st, 2002, 10:48 AM
GS

London-Edinburgh Sept 2003

It will be my husband & I's first trip to the UK. Any suggestions on where to stay, see and do? In London, we want to stay in the heart of it all. In Edinburgh, not sure.
Thanks.

Aug 1st, 2002, 12:16 PM
xxx

You might want to do a search here for London. There is a wealth of London information that gives tons of advice for first time travelers to London. Also, you might want to repost giving a little bit more details about what you expect, price ranges, likes,dislikes, etc.

Aug 15th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Nicole

GS -

In Edinburgh, make sure you go to Edinburgh Castle, the royal residence, and the Sir Walter Scott Monument. You can skip the Parthenon reproduction. Be sure to take the walk to Dean's Village (I think that's the name of it) when you get tired of seeing the city rise up all around you. In less than 5 minutes, you feel like you're in the middle of the countryside.

Aug 20th, 2002, 05:51 AM
Sheila

I'd be happy to send you suggestions on Edinburgh if you care to email me. they're all here already if you search.

As to staying, the range is vast. What do you like and what is your budget?

Aug 24th, 2002, 07:51 PM
jayjay

I JUST came back from Edinburgh in the midst of the international festival. The hotels are all fully booked and the price is relatively high. Therefore, instead of staying in Edinburgh, I found a nice hotel in downtown Glasgow for GBP45 a night. Glasgow is only ~ 1 hour away by bus from St. Andrews Square. Besides, there are lots of nice pubs in Glasgow near the central station.