London business trip - need hotel

May 25th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

London business trip - need hotel

Hi,
My company would like to put me up at Club Quarters in London - which is actually a fair distance from the office. Londoners...do you have a recommendation for a hotel in Convent Garden? Address is:
9th Floor Berkshire House
168-173 High Holborn
Thanks!
STP
May 25th, 2004, 11:10 AM

What is your budget? Would you consider Priceline? I'm assuming your company prefers Club Quarters for cost reasons.
May 25th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Yes...it is for cost reasons I am sure. I would consider Priceline - in fact, I will probably do that for the weekend. Someone suggested the Radisson Edwardian Mountbatten as a possibility?? Thanks!
May 25th, 2004, 11:55 AM

I've stayed at the Mountbatten several times in the past, but when I checked with them again for a recent trip they had raised their rates considerably (they've been "refurbishing").
Instead, I tried the Academy Townhouse on Gower http://www.theetoncollection.com/hotels/academy/
and found it very nice for the price.
May 25th, 2004, 12:55 PM

If your company has a corporate account with Radisson you might want to also check the rates for the Edwardian Kenilworth and the Edwardian Marlborough . The hotels are on opposite corners of Great Russell Street and are within reasonable walking distance of High Holborn .
May 25th, 2004, 01:06 PM

Just returned from a week in London where we stayed in a new Travelodge property in Covent Garden. What a great location. Five min. walking to the British Museum, ten min. to Leicester Sq. etc. The normal rate is 75 GBP, but I was able to reserve an intro. price of 60 GDP. The room was standard size but very clean and had just been refurbished. The elevators were very fast and the desk staff was pleasant and efficient. I would stay there again. Contact them at: www.travelodge.co.uk
May 26th, 2004, 08:10 AM
SW

There is a Grange Hotel (5stars) and a Citadine Apartment Hotel (3stars) very close to the Holborn Tube Station
May 26th, 2004, 08:56 AM

Hi

The Travelodge already referred to is actually next door to your company offices in High Holborn - this Hotel used to be called the Dury Lane Moat House. It's clean and tidy but nothing fancy.

Other Hotels very close by are the Mountbatten, Jury's Hotel on Great Russell Street, The Covent Garden Hotel, The Citadines Holborn, Renaissence Chancery Court, The Grange and Kingsway Hall.

If my company were paying the Renaissence would be my first choice.

You could always try lastminute.com or Londontown.com