London apartment rental - West End or other central location

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a apartment for 2 adults/2 children for 1 week near Easter. I have looked at many of the sites recommended here, including Price Apartments. Most seem unavailable for that week. I am trying to keep price to 1000 pounds including taxes for the week. Would like to be in some area where we have some casual restaurants in walking distance. And I can't stand grungy/tacky bathrooms. Any ideas? What is area like around Best Western Paddington Suites? Has anyone ever showed up with a second child there? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:09 AM

hinson123,
We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teens) and we love Scala House. It is an apartment hotel and all of the units have two bedrooms and 1.5 baths. There are also penthouses with 2.5 baths! We have stayed there twice in the past 4 years and we will be there again in a couple of weeks. Check out their website, www.scala-house.co.uk. We have recommended it to many friends and they have all loved it.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 07:02 AM

In addition to Scala House, these are the websites I've collected from other posters for apts

For Oxbridge Apts
http://www.oxrg.demon.co.uk/
www.apartment-hotels.com for Emperors Gate Short Stay apts

http://chslondon.com/vr/index.htm

There's a Holiday Inn near Victoria Station (it may be a HI Express) that's been mentioned as a good place to stay with kids. You might do a text search.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 07:04 AM

I haven't stayed here personally, but the Elizabeth Hotel has studios and 1 bedroom apts. We will be trying out the studio in Late March. Location is good, right by Victoria Station.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 10:42 AM

About six weeks ago my sister and some friends stayed at Citadines Apartments at Trafalgar Square. The apartment was basic, but very clean, pleasant, with an incredibly convenient location, preferable to Paddington.
Citadines has a website.
This same location was also praised two days ago in a letter to the editor of the New York Times Travel section, by a customer who had just stayed there.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 11:39 AM

Another website is london4rent.com