London Apartment Recommendation? Lexham?

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 05:11 AM
London Bound

London Apartment Recommendation? Lexham?

Hello, going to London for a week next March-family with 10 and 8-year old children. We think we want to stay in South Kensington, and have found the Lexham online. "Superior" two-bedroom apartments are GBP 1,875.<BR><BR>Can anyone comment on this place or recommed something else? We would like something nice, clean, safe, but don't need anything really posh.<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 05:56 AM
kate

first comments would be that this is really expensive - assuming that this is for 7 nights - &pound;278 per night - wow I am sure you could find a lovely hotel for half of that!!<BR><BR>Do a search on google.co.uk and a subject title of 'london apartments'!

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 06:35 AM
spoon

Try this lot<BR><BR>http://www.citadines.com/

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:19 PM
janis

A very nice two bedroom should not cost more than &pound;1000 per week (and often much less). Of course you can spend more, but for almost &pound;2000 you should get a fabulous penthouse with river views and more. (I know of one three bdrm 2.5 bath two story penthouse in Pimlico that is only &pound;1300 per week - but that one is a special case. Because of the good price it is full nearly year round. Need to book a year ahead.)<BR><BR>There are many good rental agencies - I'd keep looking.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 02:35 PM
linda

i checked out a place called "chequers" last year.<BR>do not have the info on me, but perhaps you can find itomn the web.<BR>they were very modern and nice .. near a tube station and shopping and central.