Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

London & Paris late september 2009 with senior parents

Mar 17th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

My wife and I want to take my parents to London and Paris in late september and early october in 2009. Any info on the weather and ideas? They are both active and can walk a fair amount, though not as fast as years gone-by.
Wife and I have been to both cities and will for the most part be guiding them to the sites, but still would like info for seniors. I know this is early to start planning, but that way I can tell my parents and let them decide.

Mar 17th, 2008, 04:19 PM

ttt
Mar 18th, 2008, 02:25 AM

Your trip is very similar to our 2006 trip. My husband, myself and my (very active) parents in their early 70s, went to Paris & London in late September and really lucked out with the weather - it was beautiful (we have also gone in mid October and FROZE!) to give you an idea of weather take a look at weatherunderground.com and click on the "history" tab.

I'm not sure exactly what type of info you are looking at specifically for seniors, if you can explain more I'll try to help out.
Mar 18th, 2008, 05:40 AM

What kind of information are you looking for exactly? Things to do? Tips for senior travel? Soft foods?

I used to travel in London with my older parents a lot, but it helps to know what you want to know.

What generation are your parents -- are they likely to be interested in reminiscing about when dad came through after returning from Korea, or shopping at Biba, or (God help us) Live Aid? What do they like to do when they're at home?

Most guides, including Fodors, have a temperature grid -- after that, you have to check the 10-day forecast before you leave and prepare for anything.

Mar 18th, 2008, 05:43 AM
ira

Hi S,

>They are both active and can walk a fair amount, though not as fast as years gone-by.

Happens to a lot of us.

Very good time of year weather-wise

How old are the rents?

Mar 18th, 2008, 06:18 AM

you need to help us a lot more before we can help you much. The only specific-ish question I see is about the weather. Wells - could be anything. Warm-ish, cool, or even cold, fair or rainy - or all of the above. Generally pretty good though.

But for ideas -- tell us what sorts of ideas "for seniors" you need. Accommodations? Restaurants? sites/sights? Money saving tips? What. Seniors could mean anything - and there really aren't that many things a young whippersnapper can do that a doddering OAP (old age pensioner) can't.

Mar 18th, 2008, 04:36 PM

ttt