Search

London airports

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London airports

What are the approximate locations and ease of accessibility of Stansted, Luton and and Gatwick airports relative to London and Dover?<BR>Thanks
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 09:42 AM

Waverley,<BR><BR>With all due respect, you should try a search before posting such a common question...<BR><BR>Here's a thread on Dover to get you started:<BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=null&amp;tid=34398622<BR><BR>Ho pe this helps,<BR>Andre
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply Andre. Yes, you are right, it is always best to do a search to check if one's question has been answered and often, one will come away with additional information. I know how frustrating it can be to answer the same question many times.<BR><BR>That thread is very helful but it still does not answer my question about Stanstead and Luton airports as I have the options of flying into any of them.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 10:02 AM

Waverley,<BR><BR>Of the 3 airports you mention, Gatwick is the closest to Dover and most parts of London. It's also the best one if want to travel to Dover by public transportation.<BR><BR>Luton has pretty good rail connections to Dover as well (change at London Bridge, journey time 2.5-3 hrs), but you need to take a short shuttle bus ride to the station.<BR><BR>Stansted would be a pain if you intended to travel by train, but probably a little closer than Luton if you hired a car.<BR><BR>All 3 airports have frequent rail service into London - can't tell you which one is more convenient unless I know what area you'll be staying in.<BR><BR>As indicated in my other post, you can get train schedules at:<BR>railtrack.co.uk<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Andre
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 10:33 AM
rex

Stansted is the furthest from Dover, as it is located about 30 miles NNE of London. There is some additional information about transportation between Stansted and London at ryanair.com<BR><BR>I have never been to Luton. Perhaps there is some similar info on easyjet.com ??<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>[email protected]<BR>
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your informative answers. I 'm not sure at this point where we will be staying as we are taking a cruise out of Dover, but I would probably be arriving the day before the ship leaves, just to ensure there are no missed connections.<BR><BR>At this point, it seems that we will either be arriving at Gatwick or Heathrow, just to throw another airport into the mix. but I did want to explore my options if we take alternative routes.<BR><BR>Probably more information that you needed,right?