London airfare for Sept. 2002

Apr 16th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Jack

London airfare for Sept. 2002

I am searching for reasonable airfare from Tampa to London for my honeymoon, which will be the beginning of September. I have spent quite a bit of time going through a lot of the postings here in the forum (which are excellent by the way) and have gone to several of the recommended sites for low fares- i.e. Justfares, Bestfares, Travelocity, etc. I haven't been able to find anything that really seams like a good deal, meaning under $600 at this point. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but could anyone maybe point me in the right direction? Has anyone seen any good deals for my location/timeframe?

Thanks!

Apr 16th, 2002, 02:08 PM
steve

Jack,
Check US Air. Just looked as a curiosity for Sept 15 - 22

$580 for coach through Charlotte to LGW

Apr 16th, 2002, 02:10 PM
elaine

Jack
that's still high season, I'm sorry but I'm not surprised that there aren't any bargains so far.
Depending on the state of the world, more bargains might appear as you get closer to the travel dates, but it's hard to want to be waiting last-minute to make honeymoon plans. As you probably know there are some airline website at which you can register for email "bulletins" for cheaper travel, but usually those are with only a week or two's notice.
You might want to look into an airline
like Icelandic air that would require a stop but that often has fares to London and other places that are below
other transatlantic carriers. I still don't think it will be super cheap, at least not this far ahead. You also might want to check with a travel agent. Airline tickets are definitely one area they can help with.

Apr 16th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Kec

Check the United airlines website. They have some great prices on tickets to London. I am leaving out of Washington, D.C. in October on a non-stop morning flight and the ticket was only $367.00. Last time I looked, they were still selling them at this price. Hope this helps.

Apr 16th, 2002, 07:54 PM

Apr 16th, 2002, 09:08 PM
ttt

topping

Apr 17th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Jack

thank you all for your responses, I will have to check out those airlines, maybe call a travel agent too. I guess I was hoping for the $450 range, but that's probably just ignorance on my part. A lot of the deals I see to London are from bigger cities, the closest one to me being Miami. And I would consider driving to Miami for the flight if it was worth it. Anyway, thank you all for your input, I appreciate it.

Apr 17th, 2002, 07:09 AM
andrew

Jack - you may also want to consider flying from Orlando there are often some good deals as a number of British airlines fly direct there for the Disneyworld traffic

Apr 17th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Jennifer

I got a roundtrip ticket for $350 on Priceline for June (flying out of Cincinnati with one connection in Atlanta on Delta). I bid low and was approved immediately. It's worth a shot. I was flexible with my dates, though. Good luck.

Apr 17th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Jack

thank you both, Orlando is definitely an option. Jennifer thanks for the Priceline info. I'll give it a shot

Apr 25th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Paula

Try www.skyauction.com. This website puts up flights (either with or without accommodations) for auction. You are required to enter credit card information before you can bid, but what I like about this site (versus Priceline for example) is that you can actually see what airline you will fly before you have to bid. Once you've won the auction you advise them by email your travel dates - if the dates you choose are not available per the winning auction you are not charged a fee.
I used this website to book my August flight from San Francisco to Heathrow - it cost me $650 plus $99 in taxes.