Athens Hotels - Acropolis View and Plaka Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brotherleelove: do you know of or have stayed at the Acropolis View or Plaka hotel in Athens? I'm looking for an inexpensive hotel to stay at, for my arrival into Athens and departure from Athens, in September 2007. I'll be in the islands for 9 days and spending quite a bit, so, I don't want to spend too much, but, also, don't want to be in a dump, even if it's for one night. Any recommendations? Thanks.
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:52 AM

Don't know anything about those hotels...but we stayed at the Omnia Hotel in Athens. If you havent got a reservation by now in an inexpensive fairly decent hotel, it might require that you will have to spend more than you want. Believe me, we stay in the least expensive places we can as long as they're not flea bags, so the Omnia couldn't have been sky high in price. They have a great breakfast buffet there...maybe it's included in the price. And across the square, there's a neat LARGE Greek fast food place called NEON. Huge selection of food and beverages, very reasonable prices. Lots of Athenians eating there...a good sign. Even McDonalds serves some great Greek food. Maybe good food deals will make up some of the hotel costs. Good Luck
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:03 AM

We stayed in Acropolis View in both '97 and '98-yikes, that sounds like a long time ago so don't know how valid my input is. Anyway, the Acropolis View is a few minutes walk from Plaka and is in a quiet residential neighborhood. The room was adequate, clean, etc., and the staff were friendly and helpful. Based upon our experiences, I do not hesitate to recommend it; it's not luxury but certainly not a "dump" either.

Have fun in Greece!
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:29 AM

In April 2004 we stayed 2 nights at the small Hotel Byron on Vronos (Byron) Street in the Plaka. We had a pleasant room overlooking the front entrance with a balcony and fridge fronting on the pedestrian street. As Athens and the Plaka goes, the Byron hotel is relatively quiet with no motorcycles running up and down the street or other loud street noise-- which was the case with our 3-day stay in the nearby Hotel Adams on a pedestrian square adjoining the Ayia Ekaterini (St Katherine's church). A modest breakfest is included in the Byron rate and a less modest breakfast in the Admas rate. The Byron is within 1 block of the Acropolis meto providing easy access to all sites and literally within 5 minute walk of the Acropolis entrance for which a 12 E ticket also will give you access to the Roman Agora, Temple of the Winds, and Keremeikos cemetery and ruins.
Old May 15th, 2007, 01:54 PM

Also dated but I stayed at the Acropolis View in 2000.
It was an average 3*-type hotel and I recommended to other posters back then.
And many of the rooms definitely have a beautiful view of the Acropolis.
Regards, Walter
Old May 15th, 2007, 03:43 PM

I also stayed at the Acropolis View in 2000 but although my room was fairly large and did have an acropolis view we didn't like it too much because it was stinky. It had a very musty smell which was unpleasant. I prefer the Attalos and the Cecil.