Rule #1. No car!!!!!!
The trip plan has changed drastically but the Loire Valley is still in.
I will be with my wife and we're trying to put together a short trip to the Loire Valley.
It gets a lot easier if we stay over 2 nights but we're trying to do it in 1 night.
We will be travelling from place to place by train.
I've looked at minivan tours. An all day tour makes for a very long day (9AM to about 6:30PM) and either starts too early to get there or too late to take a train back to Paris. So that would require 2 nights (which we may end up doing).
I alsi like the idea of doing part with a minivan tour and part on our own. If the minivan tour feels a bit rushed then we have the self-guided part.
This is what we could probably do.
1) Take the 10:24 train from Montparnasse to Saint Pierre Des Corps.
2) Take the local train from SPDC to Amboise and visit either Chateau Amboise or Du Clos Luce (#4)
3) Go to Tours for dinner and sleep
4) The next morning take a minivan tour to Chenonceau and either Amboise or du Clos Luce (whichever we didn't see the day before).
5) Take the local train to Blois Chambord and see Chateau Blois (Chambord is too far away unless we can somehow get some form of transportation from the train station to Chambord)
6) Take the 17:57 train from Blois Chambord to Paris.
First does any of this look reasonable?
Will we be running around to much and see nothing?
Which should we see on our own and which should we see as part of a minivan tour of Amboise and du Clos Luce?
Any other comments other than "rent a car"?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 2 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 3 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 6 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 7 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 8 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 9 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 10 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 11 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 12 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 13 The World's Greatest Churches
- 14 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 15 Recommendations for 3 night golf package in the ALgarve
- 16 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 17 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 18 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 19 Shall we Gdansk?
- 20 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 21 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 22 Best Greek Island
- 23 5 days in Andalusia
- 24 Malaga Christmas lights
- 25 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
Rule #1. No car!!!!!!