I am looking at staying in the Loire Valley for two nights, coming from Paris with my husband and 8 month old son, we really want to make this our 'luxurious 2 night stay' and are looking at staying at one of the following castles: Chateaux de Marcay or the Chateaux to Pray (other recommendations are appreciated, we just don't want to spend more than $800/2 nights).
Coming in from Paris, what is the best option to stay at those locations? Take a train to Tours and rent a car from there? Or is there a better station?
This is last minute as we found some pretty good prices and want to book ASAP.
The main chateaus within the region that we want to see are:Chenonceau, Chambord, Azat-Le-Rideau
Your recommendations are so greatly appreciated. Again, the two days in the Loire Valley are pretty flexible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LEXMARK PRINTER I8OO:57O:I233 INSTALLATION CONTACT LEXMARK Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Malaga Christmas lights
- 3 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 Trans Siberian Train
- 6 Tips for first trip to UK
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 Scotland ideas
- 9 land vs river cruise
- 10 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 11 London vacation rental agency
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 14 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 15 South of France
- 16 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 17 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 18 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 19 My France Vacation
- 20 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 21 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 22 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 23 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 24 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 25 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria