We're travelling from Mount St Michel to the Loire Valley (Chambord) and then onto Avignon in late March. We have two nights somewhere in the Loire Valley. We're keen to check out the following Villandry (garden)*, Azay-le-Rideau, Chenonceau (bridge)*, Chambord***. We will be travelling with 2 x 5 year old twins and 1 x 22 month old. We have our own car. A few questions please:
* Which of these chateaux do you think will be most appropriate for a family visit? Our kids are pretty good in museums and galleries etc and also love to run around outside. We're just trying to prioritise them in terms of time. We had thought first Chambord, then Villandry and Chenonceau. Is there others that you think are a better option for us.
* Is there a particular town you recommend we stay in to explore this area? And if possible, a recommendation for family friendly accommodation. We're ideally looking for a family suite within a B&B that also either offers a dinner option or access to a kitchenette. We don't want to spend a fortune, which for us is no more than around E150 per night. I've scoured so many websites and I'm going cross eyed from it.
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NORTON ANTIVIRUS I8OO:57O:I233 INSTALLATION CONTACT Tec*h by 24/7??
- 2 land vs river cruise
- 3 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 4 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 10 Trans Siberian Train
- 11 Tips for first trip to UK
- 12 Scotland ideas
- 13 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 14 London vacation rental agency
- 15 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 16 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 17 South of France
- 18 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 19 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 20 My France Vacation
- 21 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 22 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 23 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 24 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 25 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria