Notices

Loire Valley Chateau Pass

Mar 17th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Jeff

Loire Valley Chateau Pass

Does anybody know if there is a discount for the Loire Valley Chateaus? Altogether, four or five entrance fees can come to a considerable amount. I was wondering how to get a pass, if one exists.

Mar 17th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Alec

As most Loire valley chateaux are privately owned and administered, I don't think there is a pass covering different properties. I've never come across one. But generally I find entrance fees to be fair, and the levels reflect the intrinsic value of the property. They are cheaper than comparable stately homes in the UK, for example.

Mar 17th, 2002, 05:42 PM
Christina

There is a France national monuments card which is good for a year but only covers those belonging to the national government (and other monuments, there are quite a few, actually, but not so many chateaux). It wouldn't be cost-effective for only 4-5 entries, though, but maybe for 8-10 it would. Chambord and Azay-le-Rideau are national, as well as Versailles and some others around Paris. Entrance fees are only about 7 euro to chateaux that I've seen. I think you can buy it at any place where it works, as most of those cards do. I can never get this web site to work, but this is the French national monuments site, they might have info on there if it ever works: www.monum.fr or www.monuments.fr

May 21st, 2010, 06:57 AM

Hey, there is the Loire Valley pass for 47 USD. You can vist about 10 castles including Chambord and Azay-le-Rideau.
Check the internet by the description above...

Search this Thread