Reload this Page >

Loire restaurant and markets recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:13 PM
Alexandra

Does anyone have any favorite restaurants in the Loire to recommend? And/or any particularly great markets?

Old May 3rd, 2002, 01:43 PM
Debbie

Alexandra,<BR><BR>We stayed and dined at Chateau du Pray in Amboise. This is a small but elegant hotel and a good value. The dining room was very elegant and the food the same. The location of the chateau is also a big plus. Hope this helps.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 01:48 PM
StCirq

The Cheval Blanc in Bl&eacute;r&eacute; is not to be missed - one of the best meals of my life, and great value.<BR>Le Choiseul in Amboise is very elegant, and very, very good.<BR>Les Caves de Marson just outside Saumur was worth it just for the experience of eating in a troglodyte dwelling.<BR>Au Plaisir Gourmand in Chinon is wonderful.<BR>The Sunday market in Amboise is great.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 03:43 PM
steve

the hotel du Grand Monarque in Azay has a nice restaurant. <BR><BR>My favorite is a small place in Chaumont - Chez Collette. Ate there 5 times one week. They even stayed open so we could eat there on their 'quiet night'. Not fancy, but good food and they don't take 3 hours to serve you

Old May 3rd, 2002, 03:57 PM
Sue

I liked L'Epicerie in Amboise--not upscale, but good food, nice atmosphere, very pleasant personnel. Their menu is 23 euros. I loved their simple sorbet dessert: 3 flavors--cassis, green apple and lime with a "red fruit" sauce in a very thin crepe shaped into a basket. Finally I was able to eat the dish, too (my husband often accused me of trying to eat the pattern off plates)!