Reload this Page >

Lodging in Farchant, Bavaria

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 06:11 PM
Bob Cullen

Does anyone have suggestions for lodging in Farchant, which is in Bavaria, close to Garmisch?

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 07:06 PM
Russ

Haven't been there, but this place looks super. Says it's centrally located, and there's a gym and sauna on the premises; tennis courts and heated outdoor pool nearby. Click on "Zimmer" for a look at the rooms; you can guess what you'll find under "Preise" (very reasonable, breakfast buffet included.) <BR> <BR>www.gaestehaus-zugspitz.de/

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 04:11 AM
John

Hi Bob: <BR> <BR>I have used Farchant as an base for Garmish area! I thought I was the only one who knew this ideal spot!! It is on the Main road to Garmish and at the intersection of the road that leads up to Oberameragau. A great spot. We stayed at a nice clean hotel at that intersection. There is a traffic light right there and the train station is in walking distance from the hotel. Now, if I can only remember the name!! It had a great resturant where the "local" farmers would gather for the evening! If you are still interested in this, I will dig out my notes from the cold garage and post it. How did you pick Farchant? <BR> <BR>JOHN

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 08:58 AM
Tom

Bob- check out www.Farchant.de and click on Gastgeber. I think it will be all in German but easy to figure out. Regards-Tom

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 11:37 AM
John

Bob: <BR> <BR>Gastehaus Alte-wirt Perfect location <BR> <BR>JOHN

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 06:49 AM
Bob Cullen

Thanks to Russ, Tom and John for the information on Farchant. It was exactly what I was looking for. <BR> <BR>John, a friend of mine spent a year in Garmisch several years ago and suggested Farchant to me as an ideal place to stay.

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 12:56 AM
harzer

Hi Bob! <BR> <BR>I checked out the site recommended by Tom, and the Gästehäuser in Farchant are remarkably cheap, which does not imply that they are inferior, dirty etc: <BR>on the contrary. <BR> <BR>e.g. Gästehaus Hörth offers for $US10 doubles with an extra child's bed if required that have TV, shower and toilet and heating according to season. There is a 'big' breakfast thrown in at this price. If you are not someone who simply has to have four or five star luxury all the time, but prefers simpler accommodation with the chance to meet the locals, then this is excellent value. I can not give a personal recommendation as I have never been there, but it is very rare for an establishment in Germany to fall below the high standards set by the hotel registration board, because they will soon be put out of business.