COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Loch Rannoch Highland Club, Perthshire

Old Sep 9th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Original Poster

Loch Rannoch Highland Club, Perthshire

Has anyone had an experience either with this hotel or in the general area of Kinloch Rannoch? Any suggestions for restaurants, hiking, sights. I read that it is the quinticential area leading to the Highlands. What do you think? We have a reservation for September 18th.
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 10:52 PM

Irving, I've pulled up your previous question and my two slightly tongue in cheek questions.

What has happened here is that with pressure from other questions, about boring places like Sorrento, your question has sunk lower and lower. It was still there, and an easy way for you to find it, is by clicking on your own name, which will bring into the left panel everywhere your postings appear.

And the reason that no-one else has answered your question is because, even by Scotland's standards, loch Rannoch is pretty remote, and well off the track usually beaten by you (I assume) compatriots.

If you do a search putting the word Rannoch, into the box, you will pull up a few- a very few- previous discussions. There was a Kitty, or a Katherine or something, a couple of years ago............
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 06:57 AM

"Am I good or what?" - Sheila.

Roger that. Chicks rule.

Beautiful place in which to go MENTAL if the weather's lousy, which is often the case. Twenty miles from the nearest tartan shoppe. Yikes.

Old Sep 10th, 2004, 11:57 PM

Dearest Gardy; where have you been...?! We've been bereft.

It's got a nice leisure club a decent(ish) restauarant and you can sit with a book looking out through the battering rain at fantastic views. What more could a body ask for?
Old Sep 11th, 2004, 10:21 AM

I have not stayed there but know the property quite well. It is in a beautiful area - but is very remote - about 20 miles from both Aberfeldy and Blair Athol. There are few "restaurants" anywhere close except right at the resort.

It is about 15 miles to the train station at the end of the road at Rannoch Station - which is the best way to get anywhere to the west since there are no roads across the moor.

you will have fairly long drives to get anywhere.

As I said - it does have really beautiful countryside all around -- but it is probably the most remotely situated timeshare in the UK.