Reload this Page >

Divided olive dishes

Search

Divided olive dishes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 10:47 AM
olive

Divided olive dishes

A few years ago in France I picked up one of these babies. It's kind of a two part in one olive dish..the larger part of the dish is for the olives and the smaller part is for the pits. All my friends try and steal it - they love this and so do I. I'm going to Italy in a few months and wondered if anyone has seen these there?

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 10:59 AM
nina

Picked some up in Portugal in Andalucia a couple of years ago.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 11:01 AM
Dawn

Yes, I've seen them all over Italy, mostly Tuscany, Umbria, and then down by Rome. You'll find one. <BR>

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 11:26 AM
kam

I have one that has a 3rd little part for toothpicks! I remember it came either from Williams Sonoma or Sur Le Table here in California. Check their website if you don't want to carry them back from Italy. Sure you can find many interesting things in Italy. If you're going to the Amalfi Coast, that's another great shopping place for Vietri pottery. Each area has its own style.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 09:16 PM
Andrea

The Grand Gourmet in Boise, Idaho, has them, too. <BR> <BR>They have whole lines of pottery/dishes that we bought (serving platters of) in Greece and Provence in the past year. I was SO mad! Grrr. So much for my "unique" finds . . . they can't take away my memories, though . . .