Reload this Page >

Locanda Leon Bianco in Venice??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 1999, 09:31 AM
Freddy

Has anyone stayed at the Locanda Leon Bianco in Venice? I need to make reservations ASAP and this was recommended from a fully booked hotel. Any help is much appreciated. Thank You

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 04:22 PM
back

well, has anyone?

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 05:38 PM
Marty

Yes, we stayed at the Locanda Leon Bianco in June (because the other hotel was booked!) and liked it very much. It is not air conditioned, but our room (#2) was very large. The bathroom was newly done all in tile with a shower, and the room was on the canal. The staff was very helpful, and we were able to leave for the airport by water taxi from their own landing. The hotel is up a flight of stairs with no elevator. Breakfast was served in the room. It is a very good buy for the money. The location was very good near the train station and a waterbus stop. The Rialto Bridge was visible out the window.

Old Aug 29th, 2000, 01:36 PM
Carey

I said here last summer. My fiance and I got engaged in Venice. We loved the hotel. The room we had, had a balcony over looking the Grand Canal. It is a great price for such an Awesome location. There is also a great little Jazz Tapas Bar right down the street that I would recoment checking out. Also, if you do a little exploring around that area, away from the grand canal you can find some great restaurants. Also, there is an interesting jeweler who makes glass jewelry near the Peggy Gughenheim museum. I have bought a couple of pieces of jewelry there. He is a very nice man.

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 06:07 AM
topper

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 06:23 AM
sandi

I have reservations for the end of Oct...can't wait!

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 09:19 AM
luigi

Sandi, <BR>When in late October? We arrive on the 29th and stay for four nights. Maybe we will see you there. <BR>ciao, <BR>luigi

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 03:02 PM
sandi

Luigi, We'll be there for 2 nights, Oct 23 and 24. Sorry to miss you. Here's to a great experience! (First time in Venice)

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 04:44 AM
topper

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 10:20 AM
lorraine

I'm staying there on 10/25-10/28, so looks like we'll miss everyone!!

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 01:03 PM
Scott McDonald

I just got back last weekend with my family of five and we stayed at Locando Leon Bianco in Venice. We really enjoyed it....our room was very large with a huge mural on the wall( I don't think I ever knew the room number...it was the first room on the left at the top of the stairs) I'd recommend the hotel...a very nice breakfast served in our room in the morning, then a stroll through the city....we loved it!! <BR> <BR>Scott and Family