Reload this Page >

Locanda Barbarigo Casa Verardo Locanda Art Deco

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2002, 04:17 AM
Joanne

Any recent feedback on these Venice hotels? RE: Barbarigo,I saw posts praising the corner canal view room which is not available for our time period.Would you recommend others as well? any feedback on location of one versus other also appreciated.Casa Verardo is in Castello over the Ponte Storto. thanks.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 05:35 PM
Sid

Interested too.

Old May 4th, 2002, 08:04 AM
helper bee

Joanne:<BR><BR>Seen a few queries this year on Art Deco and seems as though somebody was planning to stay there during April. Only definitive comment I found was this one:<BR><BR><BR>Wonderful Hotel in Venice: Art Deco Hotel<BR> <BR>Author: NICKC <BR>Date: 01/18/2002, 09:59 am<BR>Message: <BR>http://www.locandaartdeco.com/<BR><BR>I truly loved this place! 2 mins from accademia bridge/vaporetto.<BR><BR>-------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR> <BR>Author: garret-go <BR>Date: 01/18/2002, 01:23 pm<BR>Message: Price range? And was this from a recent visit?<BR><BR>----------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR> <BR>Author: nick <BR>Date: 01/18/2002, 02:52 pm<BR>Message: about $100 for double. yes, stayed there aboutr 6 mths ago.<BR><BR> * + * + + * * + * + *

Old May 4th, 2002, 08:53 AM
Pat

Casa Verado would not be my first choice. Several years ago we had a confirmed reservation, but when we arrived were told that they had accidently marked it down for October instead of Sept. In other words, they had no room; they found us a room at another hotel, but we were upset at arriving and not having our expected and confirmed room available. Also, it is not in a very attractive part of Castello, although we really do like other parts of Castello. However, I have heard some other people say they enjoyed staying there because the owners were pleasant.

Old May 5th, 2002, 07:59 AM
Joanne

Pat and Helper Bee, thanks for response.

Old May 6th, 2002, 08:30 PM
kiki

Hi Joanne,<BR><BR>As I posted a few weeks ago, I stayed at the Locanda Barbarigo and loved it. I saw all of the rooms on the floor that the corner room was on, and each one was very nice. I did not see the rooms on the floor above this. Hope this helps!<BR><BR>Kiki