Locanda Antico Fiore in Venice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2004, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Intrigued by GARYNFLA recommendation of this hotel,I checked website and requested a rate. It is amazingly reasonable. I checked for more reviews on Rants and Raves, Tripadvisor and Slowtrav but found none. Anyone else stayed there?
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 08:29 AM

I'm also looking for info on this place. TTT - hoping for info!
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 05:00 PM

I searched for info and never found any to speak of. I toyally loved this place. It was very close to one of the major water bus stops and the people running the place was incredible. I have a couple of pics if you e-mail me I will send. [email protected]
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Original Poster

GARYNFLA; How was the location for walking around Venice? I think they are offering me a standard room-did you see one? Would you recommend asking for a superior? How was getting to the airport in the morning?
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 03:27 PM

Hello, It was easy walking to most places. It was about 4 blocks to the water bus stop (vaporetto). I never saw a basic room. Ours was superior, small, spotless, nice bathroom, window on the water ( not worth the extra money). For us we only slept there and stayed on the go the entire 2 days. This place was perfect and had wonderful cold AC and was very quiet. Their e-mails responses were very timely and pleasant. They arranged for a water taxi to pick us up at 5:30 am for the airport run (80euro). The night manager made sure we were up, fixed us cappucinos, and walked us the 4 blocks to say good-bye. Book with these people with confidence.
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Gary!
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 02:40 PM

I just got back from Venice and we loved the Antico Fiore. The owner Dionigi is a gem and so helpful and friendly. We loved the location and the room was very nice. Reccommended.
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 04:28 PM

We stayed there for 3 nights this past April.

There were 4 of us, and we stayed in the "family room" - which was like 2 bedrooms together sharing a single bathroom.

The family room we stayed in was the only room on the street level - all the other rooms were upstairs, so that made it pretty quiet. Those steps to the upper floor were some of the steepest steps I have ever seen, though. I hate to think what it's like dragging your luggage up/down them.

The furnishings were ok - a little faded and dusty, but not really objectionable. The bathroom was tiny and the shower stall even tinier. If you dropped something, you had to open the stall door to be able to bend down to pick it up.

The location is quite close to the vaparetto stop and a short walk to St. Mark's square (as long as you know which way you are going).

I don't recall the owner's name - she was a little brusque, but her son was pleasant. This place for us was an ok place - not bad, but not great either.