I'm planning to go to Provence this summer with my husband and kids. We are thinking of going to Marseille and then Aix en Provence and Avignon. I think we will stay at least a week in Avignon for the theatre festival.
Staying in Avignon all day will be too long for the kids and I'd like to plan day trips to surrounding towns and villages. Are there frequent buses travelling between Avignon and different villages? Is it easy to go by ourselves?
Do you know of a good local agency which could drive us to countryside villages? We don't want something too big, just a small, friendly tour?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 2 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 3 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 4 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 5 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 6 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 7 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 8 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 9 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 10 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 11 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 14 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 15 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 16 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 17 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 18 Barcelona to Malaga
- 19 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 20 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 21 Christmas week in Ireland
- 22 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 23 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 24 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 25 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report