For my travels in March/April 2013, I’m working on leaving Canada and landing in Ljubljana, Slovenia then traveling by train to Zagreb, Croatia and taking the bus within Croatia to possibly Zadar, Split and Dubrovnik staying 4 nights in each city then flying back home from Dubrovnik.
Is this a reasonable itinerary? What changes should I make? Is the train, plane or ferry better at any point? I’m still considering stops suggested by others but I also don’t want to run around too much and jump from one city to the next. My interests include history, culture, architecture, museums....and a little R&R.
Also, from what I’ve been reading, Plitvice is a must-see. Should I include one night there? Travelers have written that an overnighter is not necessary but what about my luggage?
I’m not adventurous enough to drive in a foreign country on my own so I will have to depend on public transportation.
1. How much in advance must I/can I buy bus or tickets? Is it safe to book my flights and hotels without an advance bus or train reservation? Is it best to buy in person or online? Are there days when the train or bus does not run?
How is the bus service? I read that even with reservations, passengers can end up standing!
2. Any suggestions for a vegetarian in Slovenia and Croatia?
4. Any hotel suggestions?
All help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving
- 2 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 3 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 GTG Paris December 2017
- 7 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 10 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 11 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 12 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 13 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 14 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 15 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 16 Poland--where else to go
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 5 days in Andalusia
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 South of France
- 21 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 22 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 23 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 24 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 25 Shall we Gdansk?
Ljubljana, Slovenia to Croatia - Help wih itinerary please!