Good morning everybody,
I've been trying to work out an itinerary for next June and, after checking a lot of places on the Internet, this is, roughly, what I have:
Day 01: Arrival
Day 02: Baixa and Chiado
Day 03: Bairro Alto and Bica
Day 04: Alfama and Graca
Day 05: Belem
Day 06 and 07: off either for a day trip or Lisbon itself.
Day 01: Arrival and night at Venice.
Day 02: Train to Trieste
Day 03: Teresian Quarter
Day 04: San Giusto Hill
Day 05: Miramare Castle
Day 06: Duino Castle
Day 07: Train back and night at Venice .
Why Trieste? It seems interesting and off the beaten path and I've already been to other parts of Italy. Being in Trieste is kind of pushing me into taking the advantage to visit either Slovenia and Croatia. I could squeeze another week into my trip (although I should keep it shorter than three weeks for budget matters), but I am not sure about which one to visit that it's both feasible and easy.
My options are Ljubljana or Istria. Ljubljana seems lovely and small (How many nights are enough?) and I've found convenient bus connections connecting Trieste-Ljubljana and Ljubljana-Venice (my flight leaves from Venice). However, Istria seems beautiful, too, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which one is better Piran or Rovinj (They seem tiny so how many nights?). Piran is closer to Trieste and, therefore, easier to get to, but Rovinj looks as beautiful, too. I only want to visit one (I'm already moving a lot).
I might be saying something stupid (forgive me if I am), but Ljubljana seems to have more of an own identity compared to Piran and Rovinj, which look very Italian (the venetian heritage is very strong). My interests? Strolling and enjoying the atmosphere. I'm not interested in museums.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 2 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 3 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 4 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 Portugal
- 8 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 11 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 12 Christmas Markets 2017
- 13 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 Le Marche Research Help
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 land vs river cruise
- 18 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 19 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 20 Tips for first trip to UK
- 21 paris to london- day trip
- 22 10 days in europe
- 23 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 24 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017
Good morning everybody,