Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Lisbon in three days (Lisboa em três dias)

Feb 25th, 2000, 02:30 AM
Mauro Lira

We are a young couple and we have three days to visit Lisbon in mid-March. What do you recomend to do and to visit in the city? Thanks for your responses.

(Somos um jovem casal de brasileiros e passaremos três dias em Lisboa no mês de março. Que lugares você recomenda que visitemos? Quais as melhores coisas a se fazer durante o dia na cidade? Obrigado pelas respostas)

Feb 25th, 2000, 03:42 AM
nuno

Lisboa é uma das mais belas cidades da Europa, com uma grande variedade de bairros cada um com sua história e personalidade e com muitissimo para ver e fazer. Seria preferível estar em Lisboa uma semana no minímo. Não apenas a cidade tem óptimos museus (Museu de Arte Antiga, o Museu Gulbenkian de arte clássica e o de arte moderna ao lado, Museu de Artes Decorativas, Museu da Marinha,etc.), uma rica vida cultural e noturna, como também há imenso que ver nos arredores. É essencial visitar Sintra (Palácio da Vila, Palácio e Parque da Pena, etc.), Cascais/Estoril, e a lista é longuissima... Recomendo o Fodors Portugal e o Time Out Lisbon. Boa viagem!

Mar 15th, 2000, 05:00 PM
Debbie

Any chance that someone could translate this for me as we are going next week and I only read limited French. Thank you,Debbie

Mar 15th, 2000, 07:55 PM
jane

We were there for one day en route home from Spain last summer. We took the open top bus tour of the city which was very informative. As in most other places you can hop on and off. The ticket also allows you to use some of the tram lines. We took advantage of that. We had fun people watching as we wandered through the pedestrian area.
If you visit the forum often you will note that many people recommend you visit Sintra area. There is a very long bridge as you leave Lisbon the city ( there are other routes out of the city too)and it is quite impressive driving along. Take a look at Rick Steves' Spain and Portugal - has walking tours and is laid out well. Enjoy!

Mar 15th, 2000, 11:39 PM
harzer

Debbie!
I can give you a rough translation on the basis of my knowledge of French and Spanish and using a pocket Portuguese-German dictionary I have: I'm sure someone will improve on it in due course.
"Lisbon is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe with a great variety of neighbourhoods, each with its individual history and personality and
a multitude of things to see and do.
Preferably you should spend at least a week in Lisbon. In the first place the city has superb museums (Museum of Ancient Art, the Gulbenkian museum of Classical Art and next door the Museum of Modern Art, the Maritime Museum etc); a rich cultural life and nightlife, and an immense amount to see in the surrounding area. You mustn't miss Vila Palace, the Pena Park Palace etc), Cascais/Estoril plus a long list of other attractions.
I recommend Fodor's 'Portugal' and 'Time Out' for Lisbon.
Have a good trip.

Mar 16th, 2000, 11:47 PM
Susan

Dear Mauro:
The Gulbenkian Museum, to our great disappointment, was closed when we were in Lisbon in October & I believe it may be closed for some time.
We loved the Museu Nacional de Arte Antigua (the new section is in a knock out building). You can spend all day at Belem as there is much to see, including an outstanding Museu da Marinha (huge).
The high point of our trip to Portugal was a visit to Pena Palace in Sintra.
Susan