Lisbon: "Hop on/off" bus

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been reading that Lisbon now has a Hop On/Hop Off bus for various sites. Anyone have any details?
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 03:59 PM

Sometime in April I posted infomration, in answer to q query, about the Hop-On, etc. Bus in Lisbon--I just did a Search and could not find it--who knows where it is in Cyberspace. We were in Lisbon in March.

Lisbon does have such a bus, and the main station point is on the huge plaza at the waterfront. you can get on wherever here is one of the bus signs. There are three routes--but you must buy separate tickets for each, I believe. (In Madrid, you could go on all routes, as long as your ticket was good.)

The system had a specific name and I believe that it did have a website. Maybe if you do a Google Search, you can find it. We were only there for 1 1/2 days, so just got a one day ticket for the longest route--rode the route 3 times, and got off at various points, to investigate. Think it was about 10 Euros. a very worthwhile purchase, and certainly saves a lot of walking. There were ear-phones which provided an informational script in various languages. Hope this helps. mhm
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 04:29 PM

Hi Mercy,

If you just click on your name (in blue above your last posting) you'll find a list of all the threads you have contributed to.

Jim
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 07:54 PM

Thanks, Jim. I actually remember seeing that advice, but I tried the regular Search function. So, if Grandma wants to try the same thing, she can find that there is a website--carris,I believ.

The hop on, etc. bus is a great way to see a lot in a specific amount of time--and is great for anyone who does not want to walk, or taxi to places. The recorded information provides information on things you are seeing and if you have time, you can return to them. mhm
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Many thanks. Found the following on Google:

Bus Tours
Standard bus tours are offered by Cityrama (tel: (21) 319 1090; website: www.cityrama.pt), for Esc5500/EUR27.50 (half-day) and Esc13,000/EUR65 (full day), including Sintra, Cascais and Estoril. Tours depart from Marquês de Pombal, although pick-up can be organised from a number of hotels. Similar tours are offered by Portugal Tours (tel: (21) 351 1220, website: www.portugaltours.pt). Carris (tel: (21) 361 3000, website: www.carris.pt) offers two open-top bus routes, costing Esc2500/EUR12.50 (concessions are available). Being a hop-on-hop-off bus service, the length of the tour can be self-determined and the ticket is valid for the whole day. The tour departs from the Praça do Comércio

Looks like Carris is my answer!