Cordoba Hotel Search

Search

Cordoba Hotel Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2003, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cordoba Hotel Search

We are planning a trip to Cordoba in May, 2004, and are considering three hotels: Conquistador, Hotel Omeyas, and Hotel Hesperia Cordoba. Any opinions on these would be welcome.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 04:52 PM

We're staying at Conquistador in Nov. Checked it out in here and in hotels rants and raves and it seems good. Will let you know. Got a good rate with Bancotel coupons through Petrabax.com. Don't know anything about the other two places.
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 08:15 AM

Not familiar with those hotels. Sorry. I liked the Alfaros which has a great deal on Bancotel.
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 04:42 PM

We stayed at the Conquistador in April, 2001 and found it very nice, comfortable, and in a good location. Enjoy Cordoba!
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 04:42 AM

I stayed at the Hotel Omeyas a number of years ago (March 2000). It is located in a tiny street, *very* close to the Mezquita. It is a two-star and good value. It was clean and we had our own small bathroom. Our room was on the first floor and faced the little street in front. Nothing wrong with it, but it does not stand out in my mind as being particularly comfortable or particularly charming. My guess is that there are better options, but we were happy with it for the price.
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 04:49 AM

We stayed at the hotel Melia, outside the Jewish quarter, which I don't particularly recommend. Nothing wrong with the hotel, it is just a typical chain hotel with no charm and lots of tour buses.

A hotel inside the Quarter that looked very charming is the Amistad. I've seen it recommended on this site, too.
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 02:39 PM

Damon,

We have stayed in the Amistad which was really lovely. I do not know what price range you are looking for but the Amistad is fairly upscale, beautiful reception, dining room and the bathrooms are huge and all marble. Our room overlooked a small courtyard which was great until 4:00 am when the garbage crews came through with much shouting, dragging of hoses and rolling of carts and wheelbarows. After 10 minutes it was peaceful and I guess I would still recommend it. It is built right into the old walls of the Jewish Quarter and very convenient to everything.

Maria