Looking for some help with planning our honeymoon. My fiancé is very well travelled but I'll be the one planning the honeymoon. It'll be for 2.5 weeks in the summer, in the beginning of August/end of July. We've skeletonized some of the plan together and already purchased a flight from LA to Lisbon to start us off and then a flight from Rome back to California to end the trip. We'd like to spend most of our trip in Italy, but I'd like to get some ideas of fun/romantic/interesting sites to see. Here is a tentative list of sites we'd probably visit in chronological order:
Lisbon (few days)
Barcelona (2 days)
**any good sites to see in between? Perhaps Monaco?**
Venice (2 days)
Florence (2 days)
Rome (2 days)
Naples/Pompei (1 day)
Sorrento/amalfi coast (2 days)
Rome (1 day)
I was told by a friend to look into getting a train between Lisbon and Barcelona, and then a flight between Barcelona and Venice, unless there was another city we should visit in between.
Likes: we enjoy exploring cities, experiencing their cultures, art, restaurants, and wine. We'd like to include some relaxing elements like beach or two.
Any suggestions or good/trustworthy sites that I should visit on the internet to help me plan this trip out? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 3 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 4 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 5 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 6 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 7 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 8 Easter Week in Italy
- 9 Moscow Hotels
- 10 Rome Hotel
- 11 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 12 Getting around Lisbon
- 13 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 14 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 15 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 16 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 17 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 18 Trains - website?
- 19 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 20 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 23 Spain in 2018
- 24 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)