We are new to this forum and need some help.
We are a family of four (my wife and our two children, ages 16 and 19) and we are travelling to Portugal in early August for nine days (eleven including travel days). We like all a southern European vacation has to offer, from food to museums and from beach time to walks through medieval villages.
We want to spend the nine full days in the Lisbon area so we do not have to spend time checking in and out of different hotels. We would like to spend time at beautiful beaches, see Lisbon, Sintra and visit Evora, among other sightseeing.
Should we stay in or outside Lisbon? If outside, which town should we stay in to make it easier to visit the places we want to see?
Another option we were thinking about was to spend a few days in Lisbon and the rest in another town outside the city.
As well, any other day trips we should consider? Should we consider a day trip to Porto?
Thank you very much for any help you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 2 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 5 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 6 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 7 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 8 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 9 Driving
- 10 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 13 Malaga Christmas lights
- 14 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 15 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 16 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 17 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 20 Poland--where else to go
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 5 days in Andalusia
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 South of France
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna