Lisbon Airport to Praca do Commercio and Return

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are two persons arriving around 8:30 AM on a Monday and after using an ATM and getting info and Viagem cards we want to travel to the Hotel AlmaLusa in the Praca do Municipio. We will have a roller board each and a small satchel.
A friend who did this route recently was sure he was over-charged by the taxi driver. Is the Aerobus to Praca do Commercio a good option? We will be going to Terminal 1 on Saturday to get a rental car.
As always we rely on our Fodor friends for excellent advice, so thanks in advance.
Old Sep 17th, 2017, 11:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have never taken a taxi from the airport, I always use the Aerobus. You might check the route on the metro as well.

See: http://www.golisbon.com/transport/
Old Sep 17th, 2017, 11:27 AM

Don't know about others, but I had no problem using taxis in Lisbon and to/from the
airport.
Old Sep 18th, 2017, 04:41 AM

Aerobus sounds perfect for you. Praça do Município is just a very short walk once you get off at Praça do Comércio (aka Terreiro do Paço).
Old Sep 18th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, thursdaysd, danon, and luz_de_lisboa. It sounds like I've got two good options. Our choice might depend on how blitzed we are from the flight -- and what we have to do when we arrive. Which is another topic -- and rather than start a new thread, you all sound so experienced, I'll ask what cell phone provider you recommend. I'll have a car for a week - Lisboa to Evora to Nazare to Tomar to Coimbra and return. I'll use Google off-line maps for GPS, but I want a basic cellphone SIM package for emergencies etc. Is there a reliable vendor in the Lisboa airport?
Old Sep 18th, 2017, 09:30 AM

Any provider will work for your plans, but there is a Vodafone store in the airport, so that's the most convenient, and they are very large and reputable.