Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Lines at Attractions/Tickets in Advance? Travelcard??
Notices

Lines at Attractions/Tickets in Advance? Travelcard??

May 27th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Lines at Attractions/Tickets in Advance? Travelcard??

We will be traveling to London arriving June 25 and departing on June 30. What kind of lines will we see at the major attractions such as Tower of London, London Eye, Kensington Palace? I've been tossing the idea around about buying a 1 day travel card to take advantage of the 2 for 1 deals. However, for example when I read the Tower of London website when using the 2 for 1 deal you cannot buy your tickets in advance. I thought if I bought the tickets in advance I could skip the line and just enter the attraction. I am trying to maximize our time given that we are there for 4-1/2 days. While I want to save money I do not want to be spending all my time waiting in lines to get into the various attractions. Any suggestions, comments, ideas would be appreciated.
May 27th, 2013, 05:16 PM

The only one w/ any queue to speak of is the Tower. But you avoid the problem by arriving about 15-20 minutes before opening time. You'll just have that short time in line.

And you don't want to pre-purchase tix for the Eye since it is very weather dependent.

So yes, do get 1 day paper travelcards and use it for the Tower and any other site you want to visit that day.

Search this Thread