Linate Airport ( Milan)

Old Sep 25th, 1998, 08:26 AM
aurea

Linate Airport ( Milan)

Hi... I'll be visiting a friend in Brescia - northern Italy around the 2nd week of Jan'99. My friend will not meet me at the airport, instead he'll wait for me at Milan Central Train Station. I need some info on Linate Airport - how big the airport is (are the signs easy to understand) - how to get a taxi to go to train station - how far to Milan Central Station from the airport, etc,etc. <BR>What about the weather in January? How cold can it get? Any suggestions on what to wear? <BR>Thanks for responding!!!!!

Old Sep 25th, 1998, 10:14 AM
kate

I'm headed to Milan next month. My understanding is that the airport is alot more manageble than Rome and there is a luxery bus that runs every 20 minutes to the train station for $5USD. A taxi will cost approx. $15USD. <BR>

Old Sep 26th, 1998, 04:30 AM
anne

Check "Terminally Hip" in the Epicurious travel planning site. Great detailed airport info. <BR>

Old Sep 26th, 1998, 08:51 AM
Bill Fleites

Hi, I was at Milan's Linate airport earlier this year, and it is a fairly small airport. I simply asked at an information counter for directions, and had no problem finding the bus Kate talks about. The bus takes you to the train station, and in my case it made one stop along the way. I don't recall exactly how long it took but it seemed to be 15 minutes or so.

Old Sep 26th, 1998, 07:46 PM
Doug

Just read the following in October's Conde Nast: <BR>Beginning October 24, flights to Milan from within Europe will be redirected from Linate Airport to a new terminal at <BR>Malpensa, 30 miles outside town. (Only small commuter flights will still use Liante). There is no high-speed access between Milan and Malpensa: taxi service costs about $75 and takes almost an hour, but buses cost less than $10.

Old Sep 27th, 1998, 04:47 AM
aurea

Thanks for the helps!!! <BR> <BR>To Kate: Have a great trip and I would love to hear how you get on while in Milan. <BR> <BR>To Doug: I'll be flying to Milan from Heathrow by British Airways in Jan'99 and was told by BA's personnel that they will still fly to Linate Airport. I hope this is still the case because Malpensa is quite far from the city, isn't it. Thanks for the info though!. <BR> <BR>To Anne: Thanks for sharing "Terminally Hip" - Epicurious. It is indeed usefull! <BR> <BR>To Bill: How much the bus fare cost from Linate to Central train station? Did you buy the ticket on board or from a counter? How about by taxi? will it be easier to get there? Thanks! <BR>