Limo Service in Zurich?

Jul 14th, 2001, 09:22 AM
paul

Limo Service in Zurich?

I'm arriving in zurich with my wife and two small children and need to get from the airport to the train station quickly.

Does anyone know and/or recommend a limo service that can be waiting for us as soon as we exit customs.

Jul 14th, 2001, 09:43 AM
Ursula

Paul:
Airport and train station at the airport (basement) are in the very same building. It's VERY convenient.
There are trains every 10 min. or so. It will take some 12 min. to get to the main station. A limo/taxi will cost much more and traffic is usually heavy from and to the airport at every moment of the day/night. So, it's much slower. I do live in Zurich and usually take the train downtown and then a taxi to get home.
PS: I do not know where you need to go, but some trains do continue to other cities with a short stop at the main station downtown Zurich.
Taxi airport/main station will cost around SFr. 50.-.

Jul 14th, 2001, 12:33 PM
Ed

There's little, if any, need to take a taxi (or limo) downtown from the airport to catch a train.

Train service from the airport station is excellent. About a half dozen trains hourly at somewhat irregular intervals. Many major destinations served directly via single-train service from the airport station. All other destinations available with convenient connections at the main train station which is only 10 or 15 minutes from the airport.

You can easily check schedules at
www.rail.ch

Use zurich airport as your "from" station.

Under ordinary circumstances you should be able to catch a train in under an hour from your scheduled arrival, even if you need to reclaim bags and buy tickets. Should your flight be late you'll find there's at least hourly service to virtually all Swiss destinations, so backup plans are not a big problem.

twenj

Jul 30th, 2001, 06:36 AM
Erik

LTS is a good limousine company to contact, thwey will be waiting for you at the airport. Ask for Luigi! Lot of hotels in Zurich order their limousine service thou LTS.

Jul 30th, 2001, 07:00 AM
lucky

If you are going to a downtown Zurich hotel, it may be just as easy to take a taxi. Especially if you are only looking for a train ride to the main train station in Zurich and you still have to get the 2 small children to the hotel. If you could be a bit more specifice as to where your destination is you may get a bit more sage advise.
I was in Zurich about 10 days ago and took the train from the airport to Basel. Honestly, from the baggage claim area to the train track is no further than 5 minutes. I came into terminal B on Delta. and it was up the escalator..across the skywalk..down 2 flights of escalators..stop at the ticket window at the bottom of the escalator and on to the train.
Last time I took a taxi from ZRH to downtown Zurich which was in April or May, I beleive it was about SFr. 20.
Also, by the way Ursala if you are out there, thanks for the tip to ask for a room overlooking the Rhine @ the Hotel Drei Konige am Rhein in Basel. It was quite nice and I enjoyed it very much.

Jul 30th, 2001, 09:43 AM
hhha

sure thing it only cost 20 Swiss francs for a cab from the airport to centretown Zurich.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA