We're taking the tube from LHR to Victoria. The TFL site has the transfer from Piccadilly to District at Hammersmith.
However, looking at the map, transferring at South Kensington seems more time-efficient in that the Piccadilly line skips some stops between Hammersmith and South Kensington that the District line stops at.
Is there something about the transfer at South Kensington that I should know -- a very long and stair-filled transfer, for instance -- that does not occur at Hammersmith?
NOTE: On our last visit we went all the way to Green Park for the transfer (to Victoria line) because there was a lot of work going on on the District & Circle lines that we were warned about. Hopefully that will not be a problem. [It was during the run-up to the Olympics.]
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 2 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 3 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 4 Malaga Christmas lights
- 5 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 6 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 7 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 8 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 9 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 10 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 11 My France Vacation
- 12 Is it hard to find a job in Nikolaev, Ukraine?
- 13 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 14 London vacation rental agency
- 15 Greece during Easter week or August
- 16 Iceland driving in March
- 17 Northern Spain road trip
- 18 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 19 Help with Spain itinerary
- 20 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 21 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 22 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 23 Where to stay in Naples?
- 24 Driving
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid