Reload this Page >

lettuce heads on Aer Lingus

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2002, 02:40 AM
chellolive

silly question for you...are the veggie meals okay? or should we bring our own?<BR><BR>thanks

Old May 12th, 2002, 05:15 AM
bring

If you need to ask the question, play it safe and bring your own.

Old May 13th, 2002, 09:36 AM
rebecca

I think the veggie meal was as good as the regular meals usually are. <BR>(if you get what I mean)

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Tom

I think you are fine on the outbound route as prepared in a US kitchen. I wouldn't do the return flight as other countries not big on the vegetarian thing like the US. We made this mistake on the Paris to Chicago flight and were served a version of cole slaw for our "appetizer" and the entree was a larger portion of the same. Pretty funny looking back, but we were scrounging for candy bars so we didn't starve to death.

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Animal Fat Is There

So Tom, you are a vegeterian, but you were "scrounging for candy bars"? I guess that means that is ok to eat animal fat that is found in candy bars but not meat? Either way an animal died to feed you...it is just hidden better in the candy bars. So, are you really a veggie or just a pretend one?

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:36 AM
x

Not all candy bars are made with animal fat -- what about sunflower oil, or canola oil. They could have been eating fruit bars or granola bars -- either one could be considered candy. For that matter, the candy bars might have been made out of carob.

Old May 13th, 2002, 11:04 AM
jahoulih

I'm not aware that candy bars are generally made from lard or suet. If there is animal fat in them, I imagine it's butterfat, in which case it's not strictly true that an animal died to feed Tom. (I could be wrong; feel free to correct me.)

Old May 13th, 2002, 12:29 PM
inthetires

And there are those who are vegetarians because they believe it is a healthier lifestyle.<BR><BR>For those who do not eat meat for ethical reasons, they have very tough choices to make - I read a recent article describing all the places that animal byproducts are used that you would never suspect. <BR><BR>The two that were the most interesting was in Engine Coolant and in Automobile Tires!<BR><BR>