Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Less than 3 weeks till our Germany Trip - Any Fodorites available for a get togther?

Less than 3 weeks till our Germany Trip - Any Fodorites available for a get togther?

Old May 16th, 2000, 11:11 AM
Monica

Well fellow fodorites, I thought I'd post one last time to see if anyone would be available to get together either for drinks or dinner while Tony and I were in Germany. We are meeting one couple in Assmannshausen on the Rhine (June 5th). We'll be in Rothenburg for 2 nights (June 7-8th), 3 nights (9-11th) in Hohenfurch and we'll be in Munich the 12th for 4 nights. Danka!

Old May 18th, 2000, 05:28 AM
Bari

Hi Monica,
My 2 sisters, Mom, and I are going to be in Rothenburg on the nights of June 6-7. If schedules work out, drinks or dinner sounds good. Where are you staying?

Old May 18th, 2000, 06:54 AM
michael

What exactly is a "Fodorite?" Is it just a read of this forum, or do you have to be in a certain economic or social class? Are there other characteristics we should know about? (To all the PC folks, this is a serious question, not a criticism.)

Old May 18th, 2000, 06:55 AM
michael

should be "reader."

Old May 18th, 2000, 08:19 AM
Rex

Hi Monica,

My wife and I arrive Munich at 4 pm on June 15. We haven't decided if we are staying in the city or in Landshut (about 20 miles NE of the airport). With our late arrival, it may not work out, but I would be delighted to meet you and Tony, especially if you will still be there during the day on the 16th. This is the beginning of a big group trip (16 people) for us, but the other 14 don't arrive until the morning of the 17th.

We'll have a car, so we can come to wherever you are.

Rex Bickers
Westerville, Ohio

Old May 18th, 2000, 08:39 AM
butthead

....you said assmannshausen

Old May 18th, 2000, 09:09 AM
Claudette

We would love to get together. Arriving in Munich on May 31, and traveling to stay at Garmish the next day until June 10. Let me know if you want to meet.

Claudette and Joe

Old May 18th, 2000, 06:47 PM
Monica

Hi everyone! Wow, I've posted this message a few times and now have received several offers to meet. I was checking the postings this evening before bedtime, but wanted to say I'll respond tomorrow (wanted to get this one up to the top again so it doesn't get buried). Talk to you all tomorrow!

Monica

Old May 19th, 2000, 03:39 AM
Maira

Hey, Mon, I'll bring this to the top for you! Have the best time planning!!

Rex, I loved Landshut! Great choice. I am so jealous! the hotels located by the main square looked lovely.

Old May 19th, 2000, 03:56 AM
Monica

Hello Bari, we should be available for drinks (maybe dinner) on the 7th. One of the nights we are there is a wine "event" that I want to attend and there is also the 8pm night watchman's tour, which several people at the forum have recommended. For now, we could meet around 4-5pm on the 7th and meet someplace central. I'm sure we can make some plans. I'll email you directly where we'll be staying along with the hotels phone number.

If anyone who has been to Rothenburg knows of a good meeting place, we'd appreciate it!

Hi Rex, a visit with you may be too tight as you stated you would be arriving the 15th. We are leaving the morning of the 16th, so that day would be out. Maybe another time. Have a great time in Germany!

Hello Claudette, I'll email you directly. We would have to figure out the best place to meet. We will be touring for 2 days visiting Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, maybe Mittenwald, etc., and spending our time driving the surrounding areas.

Michael, the term "Fodorites" is what many of us that use who are readers of Fodors.com call ourselves. I believe I first heard this from S. Fowler a couple of years ago and it has stuck with many people. Economic or social class? None, but to have travel in your heart! I have met several people from Fodors.com. See my travel page, http://sites.netscape.net/monicapilegg/travel and check out the Fodorites section. There are several photos from the luncheons I have hosted.

Old May 19th, 2000, 03:59 AM
Monica

Hi Maira! I was in the middle of typing my response when you brought this up to the top. Thanks for thinking of me! PS: I'm getting ready to post our NYC luncheon on my web page. Check it out later this afternoon. Ciao!

Old May 19th, 2000, 05:33 AM
Rex

Monica,

As I feared, we're going to come "close, but not close enough" in our overlap with you. While we do plan to try to fly standby to get into Munich earlier in the day, that wouldn't permit us any way to inform you if we are successful - - unless you'd like to e-mail me with a way to contact you in Munich on the 15th.

And one last thing - - I can't get this page - - http://sites.netscape.net/monicapilegg/travel - - to open. It returns an error message:

User Not Registered

We are unable to find web pages for this user. Please check the web address (URL) and try again.

Is there a typo, perhaps?

Old May 19th, 2000, 05:41 AM
Monica

Hi Rex,

Yes, I see the typo. Here is the correct address: http://sites.netscape.net/monicapileggi/travel I missed the "I" in Pileggi. I'll email you about the 15th.

Old May 19th, 2000, 07:07 AM
kk

Oh Monica of the fabulous travel web site, how the heart of this fodorite bleeds for not being able to join you all on June 7 in Rottenberg. We all wants luscious details and your usual great photos upon your return. Please.

Old May 19th, 2000, 07:23 AM
Monica

Will do KK! Thanks for your compliment on my web site!

Old May 19th, 2000, 04:37 PM
Monica

Hi Bari!

I need you to email me directly and let me know what name you'll be registered under at your hotel with your family. You didn't give me your last name!

Monica

Old May 20th, 2000, 06:07 AM
Monica

Top!

Old May 25th, 2000, 03:30 AM
Monica

Well friends, if things work out, I'll have 3 get togethers: In Assmannshausen, Rothenburg, and Hohenfurch! 9 more days until our trip to Germany!

Old May 25th, 2000, 06:34 AM
kk

Congratulations, Monica. Hard work pays off. Photos, don't forget the annotated photos at your three gatherings, please, saying who is who, left to right...that kind of thing.
Enjoy enjoy! We are all jealous!

Old May 26th, 2000, 03:08 AM
Monica

KK, I'll make sure to have several photos taken of my get together groups. It should be lots of fun. By the way, I recently posted the photograph of our luncheon in NYC with Natalie who works for Fodors.com. Click on Fodorites! at http://sites.netscape.net/monicapileggi/travel