Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Les Soeurs Fénelon Apartment in Sarlat?...

Jun 5th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

I am wondering if anyone has heard of this property in Sarlat. It seems very reasonable at 320.00 Euros per week. I am hoping to get some feedback.
Jun 5th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

ttt.
Jun 5th, 2006, 09:31 AM

I checked out the site, it looks like a bargain with that little balcony and all.
Jun 5th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Have you ever heard of this organization (http://www.pour-les-vacances.com/). I would feel better if the listing came from a familar site. It looks so charming and is very central. I have never done a vacation rental before and I guess you have to have a level of trust if you send a stranger a cash deposit in advance.

Jun 5th, 2006, 10:14 AM

That site looks legit.
Maybe carlux, St Cirq, La_tour_de_cause
will see your post. they all own rentals in the Dordogne.
Jun 5th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Cigalechanta..I have seen it mentioned in a few other posts but do not see it on any official tourism sites. I know it is a direct to owner listing so I guess that is where the question of trust comes in. I'll see if anyone else has had any experience with it....regards
Jun 6th, 2006, 09:09 AM

Well, I know exactly where it is, as our houes are only about 100 metres away. It's a good location - the market scene out the front is the extension of the market in the main square. Wednesday, and even more so on Saturday, you would wake up to a great market scene outside your front door. May be a bit noisy in July and Augsut, but OK for the rest of the year.

It looks a bit basic (pictures are on the French version of the site) but as you say, it's not expensive. It's certainly a good sign that linens are included, which they often arent. Another thing to think about is parking - we provide a private space for our guests, but I suspect you wont have one here. There's public parking not too far away, but in high season it's not easy to find a space.

I have not heard anything about the owners. Try writing and asking for references. I am always happy to provide them from our satisfied customers, and any other reputable business would too.
Jun 6th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your info Carlux. We are planning on travel in Mid May of 2007. Hopefully it won't be too busy with parking issues at that time. I have heard that Sarlat can be congessed with traffic but we like a slightly larger centre. I know that Saturday in particular can be busy with it being a market day. We are still shopping for a place and hope to commit to something in the next month or two.
Jun 7th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Hi Carlux,

I found a little more info about the apt in Sarlat. It is owned by the real estate office which resides on the bottom floor. I feel a little more confident knowing that a local business owns it.