Les viviers du pilon.
Just at the exit of the parking du port leaving St Tropez towards la foulx.
A vivier is some place where you keep seafood alive.
This restaurant used to be a fish shop (how do you say poissonnerie ?) and they still sell fish.
They built a very beautiful terrace around a vivier where you can choose your crayfish should you want to.
I had a seafood platter with half a crayfish a few 'bulots' some oysters some mussels some 'clams' some prawns. No bigorneaux though.
I distributed some of it and had trouble to finish it.
A light dessert was then enough.
My wife had a daurade and my daughter a tuna mi-cuit (half cooked).
The staff is great even when you don't tip them and the view is just gorgeous. You are 20 feet from the St Tropez bay.
We had a magnum of Chablis ... always choose a magnum when you can the ratio gas/volume of wine is better than a normal bottle (oops I don't work for a US newspaper so disregard my advice on wine).
A perfect evening.
Quite expensive though. But we Europeans are cheap so it don't mean nuthin.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 2 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 3 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 4 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 5 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 6 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 7 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 8 Driving
- 9 Poland--where else to go
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 5 days in Andalusia
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 South of France
- 15 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 16 GTG Paris December 2017
- 17 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 18 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 19 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 20 Shall we Gdansk?
- 21 Help with Spain itinerary
- 22 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 23 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 24 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 25 Planning a Poland itinerary
Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
Les viviers du pilon.