Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Lenox Montparnase Hotel Paris- Anyone stayed at this hotel???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 03:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi again,
we are looking at hotels in Paris and this one had great reviews. We will be staying for 4 nights from 16th September until the 20th of September.
This will be our first trip to Paris.
Thanks in advance
Donna
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 03:59 AM
Original Poster

Any thoughts?????
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 04:24 AM

There can find a number of posts about this hotel if you type "lenox montparnasse" in the search box. I have not stayed there (have always rented apartments), but I do like the neighborhood.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:21 AM

I have never stayed there, but I have a friend who lives a couple of blocks away. As monet77 noted, this is a great neighborhood, and you are near several Métro stops. I would go for it.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:49 AM

Donna, where have you seen the good reviews? It rceives very good reviews on Tripadvisor. You can really trust the Tripadvisor reviews!
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:15 AM

Hey Lordy,

I haven't stayed there yet, but have a Club Room (double) reserved for 7 nights beginning next Thursday (4/12/07). This is our first trip to Paris also.

The hotel gets great reviews on TripAdvisor and is one of the few hotels noted in the Michelin Green Guide for the Montparnasse area.

I can let you know how it was after we return later this month.

Mike
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 04:21 AM
Original Poster

Hi everyone,
thanks for your thoughts.
I did see the reviews on Trip advisor. We haven't been to Paris before so are unsure of what is a good area.
Mike,
I would love to hear back from you afer your stay at the hotel.
Thanks again
Donna Australia
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:42 AM

Lordy,

We have returned from Paris and loved the hotel. The neighborhood was great as well as the street the hotel is on. There are multiple restaurants, a grocery store, a wine store, a cheese shop and 2 boulangerie/patisseries.

We walked to the hotel after the Air France bus let us off at Gare Montparnasse.

The hotel also has easy access to the 4 (Vavin) and 6 (Edgar Quinet) metro lines with stations at either end of the street.

We had originally booked a club double for 170 euros per night but before leaving I noticed their website had Junior Suites for 182 euros per night. Upon arriving, we inquired about this and ended up getting this rate. They also gave us a coupon for 2 free drinks in the bar to welcome us.

The room was on the 6th floor (room 62) and was decorated in whites/pinks/reds. The elevator was kinda of small, but wasn't an issue. The room had a comfortable queen size bed, a couch and 2 sitting chairs. There was also a flat panel TV with a couple of english speaking channels. The bathroom was very nice and a good size but the shower was a little narrow for me (6'3" about 235 pounds).

On one day during our stay, a film crew was filming part of a french movie in another room on our floor (that was kinda neat).

All in all I would say that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and will be staying there agian should we return in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 07:12 AM

I'm going to bookmark that hotel. I stayed in the neighborhood last Nov. and just love the area. I was on Blvd. Raspail and liked our hotel, but it's nice to maybe do something different next time.
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 08:11 AM

I like that neighborhood, also, and haven't stayed there, but have read numerous good reviews about it, also. Where? Lots of places other than Tripadvisor, such as several guidebooks I trust (e.g., Cheap Sleeps in Paris), and magazine and newspaper articles, and other travel or hotel review websites, such as this one

http://www.paris.org/Hotels/
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 03:27 AM
Original Poster

Dear Clemson91.
thanks for getting back to me. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.
I have checked with the hotel and they are booked out for my dates.
( 16th September for 4 nights )
It is the World Cup during this time.
I had decided on the Lennox and thought it was 1 more hotel off my list for our big trip.
Now, I am back to square 1.
Any other ideas?????
Thanks again
Donna
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:24 AM

It's hard to say as it sounds like you just picked that one because of the reviews, so it wasn't like you especially wanted that are or anything. There are hundreds of hotels in Paris that would be good.

Just to stay on that theme, here are a few not too far from the Lenox that should be the same approximate price, you can check their reviews

http://www.hotel-sainte-beuve.fr
http://www.hoteldanemark.com/
http://www.atelier-paris-hotel.com/
http://www.jardinlebrea-paris-hotel.com

or the Aviatic isn't far
http://www.aviatic.fr/

Simone de Beauvoir stayed at the Danemark for a while, it's been there a long time (renovated since them, I hope).

There are many more, of course, and lots of people have favorites in St-Germain and other places. Too bad about the world cup (rugby). Sept. is a very busy month for Paris hotels, in general, and that is just going to make it worse on those dates. I would have thought this was enough time, though.
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:39 AM

I stayed at the Hotel Royal Montparnasse at 212 Blvd. Raspail. I enjoyed the hotel very much. I think the room was 140 euros. They have a lift, internet access in a space just off the lobby. The hotel was very clean and the location was wonderful. We had restaurants all over the place, a Monoprix and a Franprix very close by, a Chinese take away/dine in place right around the corner, four metro stops: Edgar Quinet, Vavines, Raspail, and Notre Dam des Champs. There was a street market on Thursday I believe, and on Sunday there was an artists market very close to the Edgar Quinet stop. I loved the area.
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Original Poster

Dear Christina and Crefloors,
thanks for your great suggestions.
I will check them out.
Donna