Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Leaving soon on my " alliteration itinerary".

Oct 1st, 2001, 12:12 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

I cannot wait---I was packed 2 weeks ago and sincerely feel that there has never been a better time to travel Europe. I leave Wed.

I am naming this my "alliteration itinerary" since it includes Luzern, Lugano, Liguria, and Lucca. Even though it does not fit with the theme, we will also spend 2 nites in the Dolomites at Castelrotto enroute to our departure in Munich. Let me know if there is any homework I can do for you in these lovely and livaceous locations.

Oct 1st, 2001, 12:19 PM
Sam

Admittedly alluring alliteration.

But, livaceous? You couldn't mean vivacious, could you? It's a vital viewpoint to voice.

Oct 1st, 2001, 12:19 PM
Sarah T.

Bob the Navigator:

Don't forget to ring us at the Hotel Fasce in S. Marghertia Ligure!! We will be there on the 8th. Look forward to meeting you.

Andrew and Sarah Todd

Oct 1st, 2001, 12:28 PM
Russ i

Bob,

You can keep to your theme while in Castlerotto by visiting nearby Livinallongo or Larzonei. Have fun.

Oct 1st, 2001, 12:34 PM
Vita

Have fun in Gli Dolmiti!

Oct 1st, 2001, 12:41 PM
robin-k

Bob:

While you're wandering around Lucca, take note of any small reasonably priced looking accomadations within the city. I've been a day tripper there, but might like to stay overnight on a future Italy trip --- goodness knows when that'll be, as I need to identify my next career opportunity.

Have a grand time and regale us with your adventures and stories when you return (or perhaps, a 'live' from the road report?) !!!

Robin-K,
a soon to be former telecom worker

Oct 1st, 2001, 01:36 PM
Mr. Go

I do hope you didn't mean "lascivious."

My advice: have fun, eat well, and take lots of pictures! Oh, ya...and bring my mother back safe and sound!

Oct 1st, 2001, 01:43 PM
Mariarosa

Have a GREAT time and enjoy the Cavallino d'Oro. I would love to hear about places to stay and eat in Lucca when you get back.

Oct 1st, 2001, 01:53 PM
Rex

Have a great trip, Bob - - for what it's worth, I did finally make it (in passing) to Riva del Garda (I'm sure you don't remember this, but last spring, I asked a question about staying there, and you steered to Bassano del Grappa instead - - good call!!)

Anyhow, we drove around the northern end of Lake Garda last week (taking the ferry from Torre di Benaco to Maderno, so that we didn't have to drive the entire perimeter at once). Riva del Garda was NOT my cup of tea. Malcesine seemed a little more worthwhile. Actually, Garda itself was quite pleasant.

If by chance, you need a place to stop for a break to eat, on the A22 (in Trento), let me give thumbs way up recommendations to "Due Mori" on via San Marco. It's porcini season now in Italy, and wow - - do these people know what to do with 'em!!

Best wishes,

Rex

Oct 1st, 2001, 04:50 PM
Cheryl Z.

Have lotsa linguine, lasagne, limone ices, and lattes too!
Arrivederci!