Leaving July 1 don't know where to stay.

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 04:06 AM
Sue

Leaving July 1 don't know where to stay.

My husband and I will be leaving July 1 and would like to stay in Paris. We are having are really difficult time trying to find a nice a/c hotel and garden view. Any one with a good suggestion?

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 10:13 AM
Christina

Well, I'm not sure what you're expecting but garden views aren't real common in big cities, and the combination with A/C (which is unusual except in large, modern hotels in Paris, as it's rarely needed) will makes it difficult to find hotels that meet your criteria. I do know some hotels with sort of garden/inner courtyards, but they don't have A/C and are more budget (ie, Hotel Grandes Ecoles in the 5th arr.). But, I actually remembered one hotel I had heard of that does fit your criteria--if I were you, I'd book it immediately (to be honest, it may be all booked up anyway at this late date). It's the Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg in the 5th arr. which I think has AC (check to be sure) and looks over Luxembourg Gardens. Excellent location, a nice 3-star hotel. You can book via Webscapades who have a small but good selection of Parisian hotels (www.webscapades.com). If it's full already--good luck, that was my only idea. (PS, I hope you are not expecting this real cheap; it's not bad, probably US$150-200). BTW, if you are going to be posting any more here or any other board, it probably would be a good idea if your post title mentioned the place you are inquiring about (city if you know it, at least country). I myself only opened your post by accident. Like most people, I only read a small proportion of posts on this board, and I think most people, like me, only look at ones in places they know or are interested in as there are too many to read them all.

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 10:37 AM
elaine

these are more websites with hotel information for Paris

www.paris.org/ wonderful site--everything you can
think of about Paris. The hotel section
includes comments from past hotel guests.also includes bus maps, etc

www.france-hotel-guide.com/
www.paris-hotel.com/
www.frenchexperience.com/
europe/france www.hotelboulevard.com/
www.123france.com/ /

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 10:37 AM
elaine

these are more websites with hotel information for Paris

www.paris.org/ wonderful site--everything you can
think of about Paris. The hotel section
includes comments from past hotel guests.also includes bus maps, etc

www.france-hotel-guide.com/
www.paris-hotel.com/
www.frenchexperience.com/
europe/france www.hotelboulevard.com/
www.123france.com/ /

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 10:52 AM
anne

Sue, try Hotel Galileo , 54,rue Galilee,75008 Paris . Tel.01 47 20 66 06. It has a garden and a/c. Rates for a double run from 800F to 950F. Metro George-V. Its a 3 star hotel on the right bank. Hope this helps. Have a great trip.

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 11:13 AM
greg

I rank Paris one of the hardest place to find a hotel. By April, I find all the good deal, nice hotels in desirable areas 7th, Latin Quarter, etc. recommended by guide books have already been booked up. What you find now for July probably has a reason to be still available, undesirable location, high prices etc.

You probably need to compromise on the views. There aren't many of them around in the first place. To get A/C you probably have to go to at least 3 star level.

Whether you need A/C has to do with personal preference as well as how the weather turn out during your stay. When I was there in July, I definitely wanted a room with one.

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 11:18 AM
Marilyn

I just stayed at the Hotel Colbert on Rue Hotel D'Colbert across the Seine from Notre Dame Cathedral. Beautiful little hotel with a great location. The rooms are air conditioned. I don't have the hotel telephone number on me at work, but I am sure it is listed. It's a bit pricey, but worth it, I think. You are 1/2 block from the river and 3 blocks from St. Michel metro stop. Have a great time. Hope the stike at the Louvre is over!!

Old Jun 5th, 1999, 05:07 AM
Linda

Just returned from Paris. Check the Hotel Bastille Speria, 1 rue de la Bastille, tel 01.42.72.04.01. This hotel was one block from Bastille, within walking distince of Notre Dame, very close to the Marais, which was a wonderful walk. A/c but no garden view. The price, 680f ($120)for double, very clean and "English" friendly. Included shower, bath, WC, mini bar, and safe. Would definately recommend it.