leaving in a few days- info on paris hotel de la tour eiffel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone here have info on de la tour eiffel on rue l'exposition and the surrounding areas? is it safe? we want to see the tower at night. i read here somewhere that the single digit arrondisements are safer so i chose this even if its more expensive than the others i was looking at.

we are also booked in campanille hotel in roissy. i figured we will be tired and jetlagged and we just need a place to sleep when we arrive around 10pm. plus it would be hard to be looking for our hotel in paris in such a state. i've read not-so-good reviews abt this hotel but it would good to hear from you guys as well.

thanks for any input.
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 09:20 PM

If you take a taxi at 10 PM, it's perfectly easy to get to your Paris hotel, and you'll wake up in the morning in Paris. So I would rethink that plan. It's hardly any less effort to get the offsite airport hotel than it is to get to the Paris hotel.

The single-digit arrondisements tend to be more convenient, but there are many very safe double-digit areas as well. At any rate, the hotel you selected has good reviews on TripAdvisor, and it is in a safe area.
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 09:29 PM

I agree that it would be a better idea to get to your hotel on arrival and wake up in Paris. For one thing, you won't have to unpack and repack for one night.

To find your hotel easily, go to www.pagesjaunes.fr and enter the hotel name and Paris, then click on "trouver". Scroll down and click on "plan" under the hotel. If you zoom out one level, you can see the nearby metro and RER stations. Print this. (Also handy for giving to taxi driver...)

As you can see on the map, it's an easy walk to that hotel from the Place de l'Alma RER station (which would be easier than transferring to the metro), so you could take RER B from CDG, then transfer at Saint-Michel to RER B.

The RER is fine if your bags are manageable. Otherwise, take a taxi.
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Original Poster

thank you for the quick reply, will travel and djkbooks. will seriously consider your suggestion. btw, i was also thinking the campanille 60e cheaper too. thanks for the link too. is it safe to take the rer around 11-12midnight?
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 12:19 AM

Why don't you arrange to be met at the airport and transported to your hotel. They will be at exit with your name on sign, take your luggage to your private vehicle and you are off. website: http://www.shuttle-inter.com/

As to the 7th arrondissement..couldn't be better..my favorite..where I stay all the time..will be leaving on Sept. 10th for a month stay..in the 7th.

I don't know anything about your hotel..know the street..Le P'tit Troquet is on it..

Enjoy....
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 07:44 AM

ttt