Hello fellow travelers,
With help from many of you, I have been planning a trip to Barcelona and Italy this summer. I will be traveling with my intrepid DH and two teenage sons, ages 18 and 16. They are fairly experienced travelers, as we have taken two similar trips the past two summers.
We will be traveling for 3 weeks, starting in Barcelona. None of us has been to Barcelona, so it’s been a learning curve to plan that part of the trip. We’re leaving in 3-1/2 weeks, so I know I need to get plans settled! I would be so grateful for any suggestions from those of you who are familiar with Barcelona, as I finalize our plans…
Barcelona Itinerary Draft:
Saturday: arrive 9:40 am from JFK; drop off bags at Hotel Colon (across from Sagrada Familia), lunch near the hotel
PM: Park Guell? My concern with this is that we should pre-book our visit, and if complications arise on the journey, that could be a problem. We could also use this time to do a stroll on Las Ramblas or the Bari Gotic
Morning: Las Ramblas stroll; be at Cathedral for the Sardana dance at 12:00, then lunch nearby.
Afternoon: Barceloneta/Palau Guell/Montjuic? We need to decide which
Early morning: Sagrada Familia with guided tour
Late morning: Casa Mila
Lunch near Casa Mila
Afternoon: Casa Battlo
Bari Gotic/Barceloneta/Montjuic : choose whichever we haven’t visited before
Palau de la Musica Catalana: concert (tickets already purchased)
Wednesday: fly out to Genoa/Santa Margherita Ligure
I can see that there is much more to see and do than we can accomplish in a few days. We want to see the highlights, but don’t want to just rush from place to place. We’d like to allow time to absorb the culture and enjoy the experience. Thank you so much for any help you can give us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 2 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 3 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 4 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 5 Paris November 2017
- 6 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 9 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 10 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 11 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 12 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Transportation in Brittany
- 16 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Trains - website?
- 20 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 21 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 22 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 23 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 24 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 25 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
Leaving in 3-1/2 wks! Please help finalize Barcelona itinerary!
Hello fellow travelers,