Leaving in 24 Hours - Any last thoughts

Jun 29th, 2002, 02:57 PM
Michael Snowdon

Leaving in 24 Hours - Any last thoughts

Leaving for a three week trip, thanks to everyone on the board for your thoughts and ideas.

Any last thing you recommend.

Michael

Jun 29th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Leslie

Michael - since you don't mention where you are going, I'd just say to remember to stop the mail and the newspaper and be sure someone is feeding your dog!

Have a great trip.

Jun 29th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Rex

Here's the commonest mistake that Fodorites make upon return (that I know of) - - they sit down brimming with excitement and write a 2000 word trip report and try to post it here and "lose" it (it isn't really lost if you go "back" and cut and paste it to some other window, like a word processor).

So - - before you leave - - make yourself a resolution to come back here and post a report about your trip - - but make a reminder to yourself, to use a word processor to write it, save it, and then post it, in pieces of under 500 words, with the part 2, 3, etc as replies to yourself.

Have a great trip.

Best wishes,

Rex

Jun 29th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Michael Snowdon

We start in Paris for 5 night, then Rome for 4, Venice for 3, Florence for 3, Milan for 1, London for 3, Paris for 2.

Michael

Jun 29th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Rex

Hope you don't get too "city"ed out. Try escaping to the country side sometime in the second or thrid week.

Jun 29th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Maggie

Hi Michael
Sounds great, have a wonderful time.
Regards
Maggie

Jun 29th, 2002, 04:20 PM
s.fowler

Remember to take your sense of humor

Jun 29th, 2002, 06:26 PM
JB

Michael,

Bring backpacks. They make life a lot easier!
Drink Belgian beers in France (if you like beer) like Leffe. Eats moules et frites (mussels & french fries). Try Italian gelatos and the wonderful cafe machiato con leche (sp???) and seafood!

Have a great time!

JB

Jun 29th, 2002, 06:26 PM
cmt

Have a great time!

Jun 29th, 2002, 06:59 PM
gogoellen

Take a compass! It helps so much when you are staring at a map and trying to decide if you are walking the right way!

Jun 29th, 2002, 07:56 PM
XXX

Lock the house!

Jun 29th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Grammar

Rex,
The superlative of "common" is "most common," not "commonest."
Since you're a stickler for proper use of foreign languages, I thought I'd take the opportunity to enhance your English.

Jun 29th, 2002, 09:38 PM
xxx

No more...I believe you've left for your trip already.

Jun 29th, 2002, 10:00 PM
Danny

xxx: Please try to regulate your control tendencies. Michael says he is leaving around 6pm Sunday, 30 June, 2002.

Grammar: Bite the *biggest* one. People like you are the type I make every effort to avoid in my everyday life. Why would anyone take advice, travel or otherwise, from you?

Michael: Off you go! It's doubtful you've forgotten anything of importance, but if you have I'm sure it will come to you much as it did to the mom in Home Alone. Have fun!!!

Jun 29th, 2002, 10:50 PM
lisa

Here's my little Mom list (forgive me if you're Mom'ed out):

Take ear plugs, in case it's noisy. Take sudafed and actifed in case you get a cold. (Carry Afrin for emergencies - for the flight itself, just in case.)
Spritz your nose with saline nose spray on the plane several times. (You can tell what happened to me when I went to Europe!)
Take something to hold your neck in place for attempts to sleep on the flight (a blow up thing is best, as you can deflate it to the right pressure).
Take bottled water on the plane to drink.
And don't forget your passport!
And have a great trip!

Jun 30th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Michael

Thanks folks, missed the plane today, as something came up at work, so know it is 9am on Monday, no stopping me this time.

Will take passport, have fun, and lock the front door. I will also turn of the iron off.

Michael

Jun 30th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Lou

You are kidding!! Boy, you really NEED a vacation. Maybe you shouldn't buy a cell phone after all!

Don't forget to smell the roses!

Jun 30th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Leslie

Agree with Rex. All great cities but cities they are. Get out to the countryside for a few days in each of these countries.

Jun 30th, 2002, 03:14 PM
ttt

topping, for overworked Michael!