Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Leave luggage at FCO for Day? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/leave-luggage-at-fco-for-day-587186/)

cesca1 Feb 1st, 2006 07:17 AM

Leave luggage at FCO for Day?

I am wondering if someone knew if it was possible for me to fly into Rome (FCO) on a Saturday morning, check my luggage in a secure area for the day, and return in the afternoon to pick up my luggage.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

cesca1

ParadiseLost Feb 1st, 2006 11:09 AM

Yes. Luggage storage (Deposito Bagagli) is at the *very* end of Terminal C Arrivals.

No matter what terminal you arrive at (C or B, unlikely A),
just collect your luggage, pass thru Customs and exit thru the Security Door. And then turn Right and walk until you hit the wall at the end of Terminal C.

It's impossible to miss, you'll see the x-ray machine before you get to it.
It's 2e for 7hrs and 3.5e for 7-24hrs and is open from 0600-2330.
From Terminal C's Security Door it's ~50m. Regards, Walter

cesca1 Feb 2nd, 2006 05:07 AM

Walter,

Thanks for the info. Not sure if L'll need to do it, but now I have the option of arriving in the morning, going into Rome for the day and picking up my car rental later.

Thnaks again,

cesca1

deepriebe Jul 12th, 2007 02:35 PM

Do you know if it is possible to leave a couple bags for 2 weeks in storage?

I have a couple clients taking a 2 week tour and can only have one suitcase.

They will be gone for a total of 4 weeks so it would be really nice to have another bag each.

thanks

64kerry Jul 13th, 2007 05:12 AM

deepriebe
we recently left 2 bags at FCO for 1 week. It cost us a lot it was 80 euro when we picked them up. we also did a 2 week bus tour in Central Europe and were told only 1 case each and not a wheelie case for handluggage. we did manage to fit these guidelines but we stressed about it before going. other people had wheelie hand luggage and they just didnt take it on the bus (it just wont fit in the luggage carrier) they just loaded into luggage section under bus when all other bags had been put on and grabbed it again straightaway when arriving in new city. the bus driver didnt mind and this way the porters are not dealing with another case. so wished i had decided to take mine wheelie handluggage bag now as we were travelling extensively for 7 weeks to many countries (sure could have done with the wheels)! hope this helps Kerry

deepriebe Jul 13th, 2007 07:21 AM

Thank you Kerry, this does help. The tour company does make it a bit hard for those traveling beyond their tour.

I will let my clients know and they can make the decision if they want to spend that much money to have another bag with them.

The important thing was to confirm they CAN if they want to. Wouldn't that be terrible if they got there and there was no baggage storage. YIKES!!!!

Thanks a ton Kerri :-)