Barcelona & Sitges Hotels

Old May 30th, 2000, 10:44 AM
Brian Stansifer

Barcelona & Sitges Hotels

I will be traveling to Barcelona & Sitges August 30 - September 10. I would appreciate any suggestions for hotels in Barcelona & Sitges.

Old May 30th, 2000, 12:30 PM
michele

Brian,

Try the hotel Gran Via in Barcelona. It is around $100, clean, great location (walk to both the Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter) and once was the home of the archbishop or some other highly placed individual.To insure a quiet night, ask for a room overlooking the courtyard.The other hotel that consistently gets good reviews is Meson Castilla. It's in the same price range and is also a hotel of some charm with a good location. I didn't stay there so I cannot offer firsthand advice, but it does have a soled reputation.
Also, do a search on this forum as there is a lot of information on Barcelona and Sitges. I would rewrite your post to include price range,too . You'll get better responses.

Enjoy your trip.

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 02:13 PM
Joann

I didn't stay at a hotel in Sitges but a hostal and if you don't mind sharing the bathroom, you can stay at an exceptionally clean, quiet place called Hostal Parelladas - which is on a main street called (what else!) Calle de Parelladas. It was only 2500 pts when I stayed (about $13US).

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 06:47 AM
Scott

I was in both BArcelona and Sitges last week. We stayed at the Hotel Regina in Barcelona. Just off Placa Catalunya, which was an absolutely ideal and central location, but quiet because it's off the Ramblas. It was a bit pricey, about $180 US a night, but breakfast was included and the location was ideal. Restaurants we enjoyed were Set Portes, Los Caracoles, and El Trageluz (or something close to that-just off Passeig de Gracia). Also, found an absolutely fantastic Chinese restaurant (Gran Chine or something liek that) on Carrer Banys Nous just off Carrer Bouqueria, which runs just off the Ramblas below and across the stree from La Bouqueria. We went to the Chinese restaurant at about 2pm, and were one of only two tables in the place, and everything was coooked absolutely fresh to order. Lite and TASTY. As for Sitges, we only went for the day. We took a morning train from Barcelona, laid on the beach, did some shopping, had lunch, laid on the beach, and took a 6:30pm train back to BArcelona. Another hotel you might consider in Barcelona, on the Ramblas, and slightly cheaper (about 100 US a night) is Citadines. I've heard great things about it and it looked very nice and has a good location. Port Olympic was fun after midnight, Magnaregnum was less of a party scene and filled with Europeans dancing. OH, also went to a great little Italian restaurant in Magnaregnum on the second floor for lunch. thin crust pizzas and great salads.

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 09:12 AM
John

Hi, Brian,
Sitges has a couple of convention-y hotels on the east end of town; I think the Melia is the biggest. On the central waterfront we've stayed at the Santa Maria (which has a sister property a few hundred yards away, the Pinta - get it?) and found it affordable and comfortable enough, about 3 stars. Very nice people, popular sidewalk restaurant, across from the beach, about a 10 minute walk from the train station. http://www.room-service.co.uk/SPAIN/...antamaria.html

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 10:37 AM
amg

I just returned from Spain and we stayed at the Hotel Ramblas. We had a room on the back of the hotel and did not have a problem with noise and our room overlooked one of the Gaudi rooftops. The hotel is located on the Ramblas which is a prime location.

We paid 21,000 pts ($114 US) which included breakfast for a double room.
www.ramblashoteles.com

Have fun

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 06:57 AM
Ross

Hi Brian!

I just got back from Barcelona yesterday. It's a great city. I stayed at the Hotel Gravina, which is a Best Western hotel. You can get a less expensive rate if you do a search on the Internet. I pais 12,000 pesetas a night instead of 14,000. I think I used Travel City, City Hotels, or something like that. The Hotel Gravina has its own web site. It's a GREAT hotel, in a superb location, with a WONDERFUL staff!!!Any questions, just ask.
P.S. A great buffet breakfast is included in the rate.

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 06:40 AM
Leslee

Hi Brian,
Just returned from Barcelona. Stayed at Hotel Claris - very nice but pricey ~$300/nite. Majestic would have been second choice - much better rates - great location. Visited Sitges but did not stay there. I thought Sitges was a neat town with better shopping/prices for gifts/souvenirs than B. Very liberal beach.
Have fun.