Reload this Page >

Leaning Tower of Pisa--Can you go in?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 01:13 PM
Rod

I was under the impression that the Leaning Tower of Pisa is being refurbished and noone is allowed in until the work is complete. A chat board in AOL had a couple messages saying the tower is currently open to the public. Others have posted messages saying that the tower will not reopen until November 2001. Does anyone know the truth about this?

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 02:39 PM
wendy

Rod,<BR><BR>I can't tell you when it is open next, but only that I was just there 6 weeks ago, and it didn't look anywhere near being ready for visitors! It had a steel cable wrapped around it attached to another building to hold it up and workers were using mountain climbing gear to get from one level to the next...but you never know! I'm curious now too.<BR><BR>Wendy

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 02:55 PM
Howard

All the recent reports I've read say that it will be open for visitors in November.

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 06:26 PM
steve

I hope it will open again. I ran up back in '70 and it was one of the weirdest feelings I have ever felt.

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 06:49 PM
Tina

Can't remember which newspaper, but know I read somewhere on-line this weekend that they plan on opening up the Tower in November.