Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Le Touquet B&B, Sightseeing, Where to Eat

Le Touquet B&B, Sightseeing, Where to Eat

Jan 23rd, 2011, 02:29 AM
Original Poster

Le Touquet B&B, Sightseeing, Where to Eat

Can you help please? We want to spend 2 nights in Le Touquet in June, having spent just a couple of hours there last year en route.

We would either like to stay at a campsite, or a reasonably priced B and B. (Up to 50 Euros per night per room).

We would prefer a privately run guest house, so that we get a true flavour of the area.

Also extremely grateful for any tips on places to see in the locale and great places to eat to soak up the atmosphere.

Regards

Foxy
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:06 AM

Le Touquet is a major tourist destination with a huge selection of restaurants for all budgets, so eating will never be a problem.

However, accommodations can be a bit expensive. If you are driving, you might want to stay in Berck-sur-Mer, which is about 15 km away. Very easy to get to Le Touquet from there. I have stayed at the Etap Hôtel in Berck more than once, which has the advantage of being right next to a Carrefour hypermarket.

Berck itself is a hideous town, but has one of the best beaches in France.
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:09 AM

Sorry, I just can't resist posting the link to the fabulous Berck kite festival, which of course is not in June.

http://tinyurl.com/yuck-sur-mer
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:22 AM

Reminds me of Chatelleion-Plage just south of La Rochelle. We had to walk what seemed like miles to get into the water, and then more miles to get into water over our knees. It was like a giant mud field!

And Mimizan-Plage, a glorious beach but one of the tackiest, ugliest towns I've ever been in.

Search this Thread